Spandex down.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomb1960

All the best Spandex, sounds hideous, get well soon! Actually I don't think he deserves a slap at all.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Spandex update;

Spoke to him this morning again, he has fractured his cheekbone in two places and split his patela in two. It makes me feel queasy just writing about it. The face isnt giving him too much gyp but his knee is agonising. He is on high doses of morphine to keep the pain at bay. He is bored out of his tiny little mind, really not enjoying hospital food and feeling a bit embarrassed that after working for us for all of five days he has put himself out of action for 6 to 8 weeks at a really busy time for the company. The directors came to a unanimous decision to do anything and everything to keep his job open for him and to support him financially so no worries there.

I am sure Spandex will be delighted to read your kind messages of support, I will print off the whole thread and deliver it to him in Hospital on Monday or Tuesday.

If you would like to send him a card mail it to;
Mr Spandex Schortz, Workshop and Warehouse Manager.
Company of Cyclists
Unit 11, Acaster Estates
Cowper Lane
Acaster Malbis
York YO23 2TX

frog

The directors came to a unanimous decision to do anything and everything to keep his job open for him and to support him financially so no worries there.

Far too kind! I'd have him broken up for spares and sold off. Just keep reminding him they'd shoot a horse with that sort of injury.

The really important question is:

HOW'S THE BIKE??

Please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery - and don't forget to tell the nurses he loves cold blanket baths :sad:

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
They've operated on his face ache and his knee, the pain has subsided a great deal. Active boy is unlikely to survive more than a few days watching day time TV so I am looking forward to witnessing his attempts to be a cycle mechanic and warehouse manager whilst using crutches.

longers

Legendary Member
Good to hear he's in less pain. I wince when I think about him snapping his face and his knee :sad:

Brock

Oooh nasty, hope you're up and about soon Spandex.
Any clues yet about what caused the off? Not a badly maintained bicycle I trust?

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Brock said:
Oooh nasty, hope you're up and about soon Spandex.
Any clues yet about what caused the off? Not a badly maintained bicycle I trust?

A plate in his face and two pins in his patela.

Choose one or more from the following list;

[_]Weeny clip-in peddles combined with wet trainers with no cleats.
[_]A very dark wet country road with muddy verge.
[_]The speed of a bullet train combined with the mass of an ox.
[_]Looking behind to see where I had got to.
[_]Riding a fixed wheel.
[_]Being a big eejit.

Top Bottom