Spare cone for STX-RC hub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One for the real experts I suspect...

The rear hub on my commuter/workhorse is an old Shimano STX-RC Parallax. The drive side cone has a deeper groove than Sly & The Family Stone getting down with Funkadelic. I can find a left side cone from SJS but I can't find a drive side cone. Are the cones interchangeable or am I missing something here?

bonj2

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=2463 << this
says it fits STX-RC 8s?
dunno if that's generic enough...
compare the image with your existing one:
3ae0300big_l.jpg

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
spandex said:
There is a code on you hub I need it to see on the distributors web site
FH-MC38 if that's any help.

Moruya Cycles has them! :wacko: But they're in Australia...:smile:
"Shimano 3AE0300 RH cone
EachA$6.00
0.020 kg
Fits FH-M525 (Deore - Disc), FH-M510 (Deore), FH-MC18 (Alivio), FH-MC32 (STX), FH-MC30 (STX), *FH-M563*. Also replaces cone number 32P0900 which fits FH-M756 (Deore XT - Disc), FH-M755 (Deore XT - Disc), FH-M752 (Deore XT), FH-M750 (Deore XT), FH-M737 (Deore XT), WH-M575 (Freeride Wheel), WH-M535 (Freeride Wheel), FH-M570 (Deore LX), FH-M555 (Deore - Disc), FH-M565 (Deore LX), FH-MC38 (STX-RC), FH-RO80 (Silent Clutch - 8)"

If they look at you like your mad tell them that they are the R and L cones for the FH-MC30.

And you will look like you know your stuff :wacko:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
spandex said:
If they look at you like your mad tell them that they are the R and L cones for the FH-MC30.

And you will look like you know your stuff :ohmy:
Heh, it'll take more than a serial number to do that...xx(
Thanks again. :ohmy:

Oh and thanks for the rummage in your spares box Steve. LBS should be able to sort me out though.

Top Bottom