Spare tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
<Just a quick rant...>

I seem to have too many spare tyres!
Where do they all come from?

I have to get all tyres (bikes, panniers, racks, tents, rucksacks, shoes, groundsheet/footprints, pegs...) spotlessly clean for the move to Australia (temporary 3-4 yr secondment) and so far excluding the ones you were all thinking about (:whistle:), I have found 16 spare tyres that are not brand new, 3 brand new ones and that's not counting the ones on the spare wheels or the actual bikes/trike!

I'm convinced we didn't have anywhere this many when we had our last major upheaval 5 years ago.

Sadly only half of these are folding ones, so only half of them can be put into the washing machine to get most of the mud off! Luckily my husband is not only very understanding, but also away from home!

<rant mode off>

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
..some sort of rubber fetish I reckon..

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Hang on a bit! Tyres in a washing machine? There was me thinking I was being adventurous buying 5 toothbrushes for a quid in Poundland to use on the chain and difficult to reach parts. Did you learn how to dry them at spinning classes?
Why not? They get spun around at speed in water on a bike anyway... :whistle:
Seriously though it helps to get the worst of the mud off the folding ones anyway and you should see what goes through my washing machine as it is.... Then run a hot empty wash to clean the machine and carry on as though nothing has happened...

But why buy toothbrushes for the chain? I just use my old ones, saved that pound for the pennies bottle...

As for drying (and bad puns) I just hang them out to dry :whistle:

Top Bottom