Spares?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skipper

OK, so what do you always carry as spares on your rides? Apart form the obvious cycle multi-tool, I just ride with two spare tubes, and tyre levers. Never needed two yet .... but you never know.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
1. spare tube. 2 Tyre levers and a small box of patches.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
2 spare tubes and a set of 3 tyre levers + a puncture repair kit for REALLY bad days. also carry a KMC quick link.

compo

Veteran
Two new tubes plus a couple of repaired ones, set of allen keys, tyre levers, 1 rear gear cable, 1 rear brake cable (both can be used for front gear/brake if necessary) puncture outfit, chain tool, two quick links. That is the problem with panniers, they accumulate. Once when I tipped them out I even found a brand new chain in it's packaging I had totally forgotten about.

Drago

Legendary Member
I carry a spare bike in my panniers.

sabian92

Über Member
I carry nothing. Don't ride far enough out of the way to need one, and I use Marathon + rubber. Only "puncture" i've had was a faulty tube which I replaced anyway.

MickL

Über Member
2 brand new tubes, patches, levers and a bike tool also a handy little fold away tool that converts into a pair of pilers, great for pulling things out your gears, chains and wheels.

On day rides, patches are the only things I carry as bike spares. I run with Schwalbe Durano pluses & schwalbe inner tubes on the road bike (and Schwalbe Marathon Extremes or XRs & Schwalbe inner tubes on the tourer - 14,500km and only 1 "visit" on the tourer)
I always carry spare food, but have a medical condition necesitating that for emergency use. Otherwise just pump, tyre levers & multi tool kit, £5 cash, a debit/credit card, medical alert info card, inhalers + phone.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
2 x tubes
topeak mini toolkit with chain tool
2 x tyre levers
1 x roll pvc tape
scabs (puncture repair patches)
assorted cable ties
small leatherman with pliers etc in
1 x tyre boot
1 x gear cable
2 x AAA batteries

All fits in medium topeak aero saddle bag with room too spare. I did stop carrying a gear cable only for one to snap on me halfway round the otley sportive :rolleyes:

I also run Durano plus tyres.

Top Bottom