SPD pedals on a carbon road bike - will it..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I am looking at the A600 ultegra type SPD pedals just to go along with the groupset. Ribble has them under 50 quids :cursing: but no stock at the mo.

Thank you all for your views
I have them , they are good pedals ^_^, use m 520s on the commuter.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I am looking at the A600 ultegra type SPD pedals just to go along with the groupset. Ribble has them under 50 quids :cursing: but no stock at the mo.

I've been using these since they came out. They're brilliant, I just regrease them every few months and they keep on going. I can ride them using my spd sidis that look like road shoes or use my touring shoes with them when needed, the best of both worlds. They sort of look like road pedals too if you want them to suit your bike cosmetically.

GazK

Veteran
Best price on A600s at the mo is rosebike.de. even with postage from Germany it works out about £50. I put some on my 80s dura ace racer and they look/work great.

As for quoting velominati rules, I'd like to add a new one:

#999: rules are there to be broken

Christopher

Über Member

Typical of Ribble, that: "Yes- we have your gizmo at half the price of anywhere else but it's out of stock and we have no idea if we will ever have any more ever ever ever". I know other on-line retailers do that but Ribble seem particulary prone to it.

djb1971

Legendary Member
High on bikes (ebay) has them for just over £56 if you can't wait.

yello

I went for a fitting on my alu framed Bianchi around 6 years ago. The first thing the fitter said was "why have you got mtb pedals on a racing bike?" "Because spd shoes are easier to walk in and so suit my purposes better YOU DORK!" I said. Well, not the last bit, I only thought that.

Your bike, do what you frekkin' well like.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Do what you want!

Mind you, the strangest thing I ever saw was a lad using SPD-SLs on one of these hideous things.

halfords-trax-tfs-1.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I use SPD on my fixed road bike I use for commuting, mainly as I have a bit of walking to do. Road bikes, its Look pedals for me.

But, at least put XT SPDs on the bike. The bearings are great on these. Shop about and you can get them less than £50.

Top Bottom