Specialized Diverge Base E5 2021 (or maybe not)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dartmoorcf

Regular
Hiya

I've been lent a Trek Alpha roadbike and it is great. Much faster than my bike which is a hybrid (Marin san rafael). Not surprisingly.

However I'm looking for a sort of combination of the two. Something nice and light which is good on road plus something which can handle Dartmoor's crappy b roads and maybe the odd bridle path.
Both trek and Marin offer gravel bikes but there is zero availability in any shop.m round here.

I have the vast choice of just one bike in my size.

That bike is the Specialized diverge e5 base 2021 at £999

What do people think of this bike? Looks pretty nice to me but then I am a real novice.

I've been looking at Trek Domane, Marin Gestalt and even Cannondale synapse but the problem is a lack of options. No stock anywhere locally. The bike I really like is the Orbea Terra.

Perhaps I should just hang on
I am struggling to find reviews of this base model. Most reviews are for the carbon one which is out of my price range

I have seen a 2nd hand Trek Checkpoint Alr4 which has hydraulic disk brakes that is also just in my price range just...

Thanks

Thanks

si_c

Guru
Trek Checkpoint is a great bike, but so is the diverge. Stock is an issue across the board at the moment, might be worth waiting a little longer until next year when there is greater availability.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
The Diverge is a great bike, though I have broken two frames, but don't let that worry you, if you are buying new you get a life time warranty on the frame and the 2021 frame is much better built than previous years - or so my LBS told me.

OP
OP
D

Dartmoorcf

Regular
The Diverge is a great bike, though I have broken two frames, but don't let that worry you, if you are buying new you get a life time warranty on the frame and the 2021 frame is much better built than previous years - or so my LBS told me.
Thanks matey. I like the look of the Diverge although my finances only stretch to the base one

Thanks. I like Marin. They are a bit odd. Just like me
This X11 54cm is on Ebay

OP
OP
D

Dartmoorcf

Regular
Bit small for me. I need a 58 or 60

Top Bottom