Specialized Diverge Elite - wheels removal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrdini

So - I've recently ordered a Specialized Diverge E5 Elite (so I don't have it in front of me at moment). Because I'd like to travel with it shortly, I was trying to find out how the wheels came off. My understanding so far is that the wheels are not quick-release, but I can't find out if that means it comes with levers to unscrew or I would need special tools (hex?) to remove the wheels?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 23692

It's got thru-axles so you'll just need a hex key. 5 or 6mm at a guess.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The tools are usually on the bike with a specialized well they are on my Epic, under the bottle cage, nice little touch

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
It will be a 5mm hex key to remove both thru axles - mine didn’t come with any sort of key or tool so I just keep a spare 5mm hex in the saddle bag.

You will probably get a little plastic bag with some weird plastic brackets and a length of plastic tubing when you get the bike - this is for if you want to fit a dropper seat post to the bike.

Congrats on the new bike, I’m sure you’ll love it ^_^

Levo-Lon

Guru
The Diverge won't have the 'cubby hole' like on the Epic - you'll need a hex key if they are 'stealth' through axels.

The Epic has stealth axles..need a 5mm hex

Though your probably right in the it won't have a small multi tool

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It will be a 5mm hex key to remove both thru axles - mine didn’t come with any sort of key or tool so I just keep a spare 5mm hex in the saddle bag.

You will probably get a little plastic bag with some weird plastic brackets and a length of plastic tubing when you get the bike - this is for if you want to fit a dropper seat post to the bike.

Congrats on the new bike, I’m sure you’ll love it ^_^

Psst it's a Diverge (aka road bike) - you don't usually fit droppers :laugh:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Psst it's a Diverge (aka road bike) - you don't usually fit droppers :laugh:

Whyte do some nice gravel bashers with droppers:

GISBURN.jpg

Top Bottom