specialized plug and play fenders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ambitionator

does anyone have these? I have a specialized diverge a1 sport, and I'm having trouble trying to find a set of mudguards to fit. I tried sks but they are to big, I read maybe the specialized plug and play fenders may be ok? Anyone have any advice on these? Or does anyone have the diverge and managed to find other mudguards??
cheers

potsy

Rambler
Looking at the Specialized site it appears that yours and the model below aren't compatible, it shows up in the blurb from the model above (The Elite) and on all models from then on.
Be interesting to find out as it is on my list of potential next bike.

OP
OP
ambitionator

ambitionator

Looking at the Specialized site it appears that yours and the model below aren't compatible, it shows up in the blurb from the model above (The Elite) and on all models from then on.
Just ordered some, will let you know

Globalti

Legendary Member
Crud guards fit most road bikes and work pretty well; I used mine on the Roubaix for the London 100 in biblical rain and my bum stayed dry.

OP
OP
ambitionator

ambitionator

Fitted the fenders today, they fit perfectly. Only thing to look out for is the hole you have to drill in the rear one. There are markings underneath to tell you where to drill for the size of frame you have, I have a 58cm frame but had to drill the hole marked for the 56cm frame. I think these fenders are specifically designed for the secteur, but they have all the correct holes and fittings for the diverge also, just watch out for the drilling.

OP
OP
ambitionator

ambitionator

Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the finished job if you could at some point :thumbsup:
image.jpg

OP
OP
ambitionator

ambitionator

Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the finished job if you could at some point :thumbsup:
image.jpg

mic

This looks really nice. One question remains though as i don't want to ride with the fenders all the time... How long does it take you to mount and remove the fenders? do they need to be adjusted during the mounting process or is it really just plug&play as they say?

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
They look good, very minimalist, and almost looks like no guards are fitted.

Are they metal? Do you get any rub? I ask as it looks like there is a large unsupported area from the 11 O`clock if the seatstay bridge to the 3 o'clock of the mudguard stay.

Alcdrew

Sorry for the dump of a very old thread but...
I've just ordered a Specy Diverge Sport :smile: and I'm looking at mudguard options. I'd like ones that are easy to remove and put back on, these been called plug & play, sound like they should be easy to do that, is that the case? can't seem to find much info about them on the internet.

Jimpy85

I'm also interested in the above question (speed of fixture & removal?)

I've just ordered the same bike and was about to buy the plug n' plays but the guy in the Specialized shop said they're awful! I should have questioned him further but didn't thinking I would just get something else, then found there isn't much choice.

Do the people who have had them a while still think they are worth it? I hate any kind of noise coming from mud guards to the point I sometimes just prefer to get wet and muddy!

Crosstrail Guy

I had a pair installed on my wife's Specialized Ariel (gal's version of the Crosstrail), and sadly I must report that they are noisy. The front one seems to be fine, but the rear one has a loud clank every time she hits a bump bigger than a garden hose. I picked up the bike four or five inches and let it drop, and can easily reproduce the clank noise. Seem the two rods that run from the axel to the rear of the fender are a little lightweight and allow the fender to slap the tire--or at least have come close. Not sure exactly where the clank noise is coming from, but it may be when it goes back in place after hitting the tire--or after the extent of it travel. One thing for sure, it does not stay in place. Now it leaves it up to me to figure out a way to stop it. I haven't picked up my new Crosstrail yet, but I ordered the fenders, and I suppose they will be the same.

Top Bottom