Specialized Roubaix... any recommendations for JOGLE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isv

Hi,

I need to find a new bike for next summer's JOGLE Ride Across Britain run. I need to get some serious training underway shortly and need to find a new bike.

I really like the 2010 Specialized Roubaix range. A bit pricey but I've ridden a 2009 model a short distance and felt very comfortable. I've got to average 100++ miles per day so need something that will be suitable.

Luckily I wont be carrying any baggage and traveling very light. Does anyone have anything good/bad to say about the Roubaix and/or recommend alternatives?

Alan.

wyno70

I looked at teh Roubaix but fancied something a bit different to what everyone was riding and don't much like carbon bikes so went for a Van Nicholas Euros. I've loved every minute on it and have done both London to Paris and John Ogroats to Lands End on it this year (930 miles in 8 days).

It didn't miss a beat and I can't recommend it highly enough! Likely to cost the best part of £2k though!

Waspie

Über Member
I've got the 2008 Roubaix Elite and I like it very much. Find it quite comfortable for long cycles, although I've never cycled 100+ miles day after day.
I've done nearly 4k on the bike and the only problem I've had is a broken spoke.

It's my first road bike so don't have anything to compare it against. I'm sure I read somewhere that the models further up the range are significantly comfier.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've accompanied LEJoG riders on Spesh bikes, and, on the basis of that, unhesitatingly recommended the Ruby Pro for the Babe - and she hasn't looked back. Specialized seem to have sorted the long-distance frame thing, whereas Trek haven't

janner

just completed it on a specialized S-works Tri cross in great comfit could be for sale? My only recommendation to anyone doing it on a road/race bike is replace your 23/25 for 28, tarmac isn't what it should be!!

Top Bottom