Specialized Roubaix Elite or Expert 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

juniorshysheep

Regular
Hi

Anybody bought one of the above bikes? It's on my shortlist and my LBS recommends Specialized over Cannondale (they are main dealers for both) based on warranty claims - both quantity and how the manufacturer deals with them.

Would you care to share your experiences of the bike, especially the Futureshock system?

How do you find the sizing - I'm 5'7" and they recommend a 54 - tried one in the shops but without pedals (they were really busy and couldn't hang around) I couldn't get a true feel for it although I thought it might be more on the large side for me so, ahead of a return visit would welcome your thoughts.

I have the Roubaix Pro and I'm also 5' 7" but I have the 52 cm frame size. I got mine directly from Specialized (I rather fortuitously won it in a competition!) and this was as advised by their sizing guru after supplying them with my vital statistics! I was advised that 5' 7" is right between the 52cm and 54 cm frame sizes so worth checking the size out on the bike itself if you can. Really pleased with it, the Futureshock works well and can't say I'm that aware of the movement when I get out of the saddle. I wasn't convinced it was all that effective until I went back to my old bike and that's when you really appreciate having it!

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
I have the Roubaix Pro and I'm also 5' 7" but I have the 52 cm frame size. I got mine directly from Specialized (I rather fortuitously won it in a competition!) and this was as advised by their sizing guru after supplying them with my vital statistics! I was advised that 5' 7" is right between the 52cm and 54 cm frame sizes so worth checking the size out on the bike itself if you can.

Lucky You!

Thanks for the info re sizing.

Oxo

Guru
My local bike shop in West Yorkshire is also a main dealer for Specialized, Canondale and others and they always recommend Specialized over Canondale, especially concerning any warranty issues.
I am 5ft 9ins and bought a Specialized Diverge with 54cm frame.

I've been thinking about one of these after the continued battle with crap local road surfaces. I've been thinking about the 2018 Comp version.
This has the Praxis chainset instead of the Utegra on the Expert but I don't think that would a great problem. I'm around 5'9" so I'm guessing I would go for a 54 frame.
If I do it will be a bit of a departure from my current Wiliers (Cento Uno and Mortirolo) but I (think) I quite fancy one and they seem to have good reviews.

Hi

Anybody bought one of the above bikes? It's on my shortlist and my LBS recommends Specialized over Cannondale (they are main dealers for both) based on warranty claims - both quantity and how the manufacturer deals with them.

Would you care to share your experiences of the bike, especially the Futureshock system?

How do you find the sizing - I'm 5'7" and they recommend a 54 - tried one in the shops but without pedals (they were really busy and couldn't hang around) I couldn't get a true feel for it although I thought it might be more on the large side for me so, ahead of a return visit would welcome your thoughts.

I am 5'8" and a 54 was too big for me. I would go with at least a 52 or smaller.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I had a Roubaix, albeit a 2011 one and I am 5 10 and rode a 54 which felt spot on to me. May have been tempted by the new one except the bars and no guard mounts.

The Synapse is supposed ot really nice, and takes guards. As it is enod of line 2017 I would close my ears and forget all the "better" than a Cannondale, they have just probably got shot of the outgoing Cannondales..... Well that's the cynic in me.

Top Bottom