Specialized Secteur - Ideal for commuting or sportives.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
For sale is my Specialized Secteur Elite.

With a more upright and relaxed geometry this bike is easier on the body than race style bikes, making it great for commuting and also sportives.

The frame size is 56. Im 5`10 and would say it would suit someone from 5`8 up to 6`. A test ride is available for anyone seriously considering buying it as long as a suitable security is left with me.

The shifters are shimano 105 triple, th chainset is 30,39,50 with an 11-28 cassette. I have upgraded the brake calipers to 105 and have recently replaced the gear cables. The tyres are in a near new condition. The Mavic CXP22 wheels may not be light, but they are strong.

I have "frankenstiended" what I think is the best set of mudguards for a bike of this type, mainly SKS raceblade longs, except the section that protects the front mech which is from a set of Crud road-racers as this gives the best protection. I have used helicopter tape to protect the forks, headtube, toptube and downtube to help protect it from the ruff and tumble of the bikeshed.

Im located near Juntcion 10 on the M6 and the price is £300. The reason for sale is due to moving house, with less space for bike stuff :sad:

Please ask any questions.

1_zpsjyeby7t3.jpg

2_zpswdvrms6v.jpg

3_zpsomz6dmjt.jpg

4_zpsgg1swfbv.jpg

5_zpskdawbx17.jpg

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

@Wetdog PM replied to.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have one, and the triple is really handy if, like me, you are not over-fond of hills.. Also, it's got mounting points for a rear rack which are dead handy if you want to do bit of light touring.

postman

Legendary Member
I love mine.It is a lovely bike.I think a few of us bought that bike in 2010.I got mine from the Spesh store in Harrogate.My story is i was thinking only thinking about buying a bike.I had been discharged from Harrogate Hospital,and decided to visit Harrogate,before coming home to Leeds.That was a mistake,as soon as i saw it i fell in love.I had been left some money in a will,so i bought it.Thank you Aunty Tess.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

Adding weight to this, I had one of these as my first roady and it was joyous. It''s now my winter bike as I got that N+1. Def recommendable.

I love mine.It is a lovely bike.I think a few of us bought that bike in 2010.I got mine from the Spesh store in Harrogate.My story is i was thinking only thinking about buying a bike.I had been discharged from Harrogate Hospital,and decided to visit Harrogate,before coming home to Leeds.That was a mistake,as soon as i saw it i fell in love.I had been left some money in a will,so i bought it.Thank you Aunty Tess.

Thanks for those messages. The secteur is a great bike and I took her for a ride up out local climb last week, sooo much lighter than the steel AWOL!

I was thinking that a lot of people would rather buy a b`twin for £300 than a second had bike. I found this chap on youtube that used to have the B`twin (I think it was the £300 triban) and asked him how they compare. His reply was the secteur was "Much nicer than the b'twin, more rigid." He is using his to do 100k a day as he is on a weight loss mission.

You can see his videos and my comment here

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBkgZYWt6vc

...and decided to visit Harrogate,before coming home to Leeds.That was a mistake,as soon as i saw it i fell in love...

I popped into the Birmingham concept store "just to have a look". Before I knew it they had the saddle adjusted and I was going round the car park. SOLD!!!

Top Bottom