Specialized Sirrus 2012 on c2w scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

heppy

Regular
I have a 2012 Sirrus Comp that I use for my weekend rides, I initially got it for my commute but after a few rides wanted to keep it just for the weekend long, racey rides and didn't want to ruin it doing the daily commute.

For the daily commute I bought a Jamis Allegro Elite from Evans which is surprisingly quick but more robust for the daily commute and handles the rack and panniers no problem? Good price too,I think I paid just over £600 for a bike with carbon forks and tiagra gears.

Good luck

mohec

I started off cycling to work on a Sirrus sport which served its purpose well until I decided to get a second bike, the intention was to use the second bike for dry weather and the sirrus for wet weather. I bought an Allez sport triple as my second bike and the more and more I rode it the more and more I disliked the Sirrus, I hated the upright position of it and loved having the ability to get into varied positions on the road bike. I have since sold the Sirrus and my Allez has become my wet weather bike and I have a Tarmac comp as my dry weather bike.

I do about 7k a year on the dry weather bike and around 5k a year on the wet weather bike including a 40 mile round trip countryside commute. Naturally components on the wet weather bike wear out much qucker than the dry but I tend to use the lower end componentry for the wet e.g. tiagra so it costs less to replace. The only trouble I have is with wheels, not sure if there is a decent set out there for bad weather, I've tried Mavics with sealed bearings which are great but the spokes come loose all the time and I've tried shimanos which stay truer but the hubs were rubbish, I just stick with a cheap and cheerful set of shimanos now which again are cheap to replace.

Specialized have been a good company to deal with and have replaced any parts that have failed before their time (and after on occasion). They offer a lifetime warranty on their carbon frames to the first owner, can't remember about alloy frames maybe 2 years.

Top Bottom