Specialized Tarmac SL6 vs Trek Domane SL5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dolan do some very nice looking bikes

SWSteve

Guru
I’m considering going to one of the Canyon open days next year if they’re running...think they’re about £30 and take place on a closed roads venue.

ade towell

Yeah why the obsession with the big American companies, they are all overpriced and they all look the same, you see them everywhere - plenty of UK companies offering great bikes (I know the frames are probably all made in the same factory as the rest of the world)

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Yeah why the obsession with the big American companies, they are all overpriced and you see them everywhere - plenty of UK companies offering great bikes (I know the frames are probably all made in the same factory as the rest of the world)

The same can be said of certain Canadian and Italian makes....
The cycling brand snobs would rather be £1k lighter in wallet than admit to riding something like a planet X frame! :laugh:

DRM

Guru

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer

Exactly. None of those bikes are the sort I would ride anyway, but it just goes to show how much mark-up there is on the "premium" brands, despite a lot of them being pretty much the same under the skin. Some of the pricey ones are also plagued with creaking BBs and really crap manufacturing tolerances, so it's not like you are necessarily even getting a better product for all the extra cash.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Mrs SD recently bought the Domane as a winter bike & it's great with its mudguard mounts, but she did find it a little heavy compared to her Liv. She's rather petit so hers is a 47cm frame, but it was around 2kg heavier than the Liv & very noticable for her. I switched wheels for her & with the carbon rims off the Liv on it saved almost a kg & made the ride much nicer, so depending what you are used to, you may also need to factor in a wheel upgrade. She says it is a very comfy ride though, just not fast :okay:

Top Bottom