Specialized Tarmac

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Roubaix is more comfy than the Tarmac imo Tarmac is more aggressive I found it a bit harsher on the back but if it's what suits you then you will know it. Your money your choice I'd try as many as you can if I were you. I found the SL 3 Tarmac more comfy than the SL4 but over longer distances the Roubaix suits me perfectly I did 100 miles on it last Sunday and the only part of me that hurt was my sunburn. After 50-70 miles on an SL4 Tarmac I felt stiff as a board. Both nice bikes though good luck with your choice.

OP
OP
2pies

2pies

Veteran
I popped into Evans over the weekend and took one out for a test run. Very stiff and responsive, but still much more comfortbale than my old alloy bike. Essentially great fun to ride. I asked them to tweak a few things and they were very obliging. I had a quick look at a few other bikes but none appealed or felt as natural. So I bought it there and then ^_^ Been riding it every day since; a brisk club run on Sunday and commutes yesterday & today.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice. I'm very happy with it and would certainly recommend to others.

GravityFighter

Über Member
Very nice @2pies! Interesting you swapped the wheels out straight away; they're the one thing I would upgrade too.

I popped in to Evans Castleford yesterday after seeing the Specialized price reduction. Quick text ride, lots of help in setting up from their staff and the right price.

I'm now a proud Tarmac owner too. Miles apart form the Cannondale CAADX I've been doing my road riding on. So connected to the road, brilliant power transfer and the S_Works Gripton tyres are fantastic.

Bike.JPG

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Join a club?

You may also want to say where you live if looking for a ride buddy

Looking at the weathering on that decking I would say somewhere in Hertfordshire :whistle:

Top Bottom