Speed Awarness Course

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just done a four week training course. One bloke was late five times in the first two weeks, he got kicked off, two more were warned for playing with their phones and another reckons the Malaysian plane passengers are hiding on an island somewhere. The rambling anecdotes are maybe the most annoying. They are interminable, pointless dribbling bum grVy but because men are such pathetic strutting cocks they are anxious to dominate.

... interminable, pointless dribbling bum grVy but because men are such pathetic strutting cocks they are anxious to dominate.
oh the irony......

snorri

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4022106, member: 9609"]I was trying to work out what you are banging on about - "I have just been on a 4 week course" what motoring crime had you committed to deserve that.?[/QUOTE]
I think anyone who has been on a training course lasting more than an hour has come across examples of the people Glenn Forger speaks about.
It has nothing to do with motoring crime, but was just an observation of human behaviour when a group of people are confined in a training programme. :smile:.

Reactions: mjr

BEHMOTH66

I would question the value of tests if they are purely tests of competence. It's not a lack of competence that causes eejit drivers to hurtle round bends on rural roads at 59.9mph, it's an attitude problem, and no one would dream of driving at inappropriate speeds during a test.
Slightly off topic, but the OP refers to baby boomer, I have always believed baby boomers were born within a year of the ending of WW2. No?

Baby boomer years were always the middle late 60's to me

MarkF

Guru
I had mine last Friday, after 2 hours I seriously considered walking out and taking the points, b.o.r.i.n.g. Maybe courses are different? Mine was awful and hosted by two of the dreariest people on earth and using technology from the 1990's, slide shows and laminated pics? Worse, I was sat next a "Don't you agree that cyclists should have number plates"? bus driver. If I didn't have to insure 3 vehicles, I'd have walked.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
EDIT - Oh, and Holy thread resurrection Batman!!
Seeing as we're back on, what's "awarness" anyway? A-war-ness? Freudian slip, war-on-the-roads sort of thing?

I remember on the old c+ site, the S@fe Speed contingent arguing that the awareness course improved your knowledge ad reactions enabling you to drive faster!

Top Bottom