Speeding.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu Smith

Veteran
Can any one help to clear a dispute up at work.

Can you have your driving license endorsed with penalty points if caught speeding on your cycle..?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
No. No such offence exists

OP
OP
Stu Smith

Stu Smith

Veteran
Thank You..
What about not stopping at red traffic lights,(Not that I advocate this)

My work mates keep quoting that cyclist are getting prosecuted in London and Manchester for running red lights,
But i'm saying like the speeding , no endorsment on your driving license..

n3rdy

The fact that you don't need a licence to ride a bike should tell your work colleagues that you wouldn't get points on a licence

OP
OP
Stu Smith

Stu Smith

Veteran
The fact that you don't need a licence to ride a bike should tell your work colleagues that you wouldn't get points on a licence

I've used that argument,but they replied that if you didn't have a driving license at the time of the offence,they would be accumulated and added to your driving license at a later date if you acquired one..

n3rdy

I've used that argument,but they replied that if you didn't have a driving license at the time of the offence,they would be accumulated and added to your driving license at a later date if you acquired one..
Ah fair enough, at least theyre putting some thought in to it then :biggrin:

Born2die

As others have said no but you can get done for furious cycling. I would love to get that one on record

Linford

No points, but as I understand it, you can get done for speeding on a cycle in Richmond Park (20 limit)

Top Bottom