Speedy Ride for food : Surrey/Sussex and back : Sat 20th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lilolee

Veteran
Mark and myself made it. He had a slight mechanical in Dorking and by the time we fixed it you were long gone. Not a problem as we were both off at Leatherhead anyway.

I found the last few hills a grind, but a very enjoyable day. Did you notice we missed some huge downpours?

Many thanks one and all.

Tim Hall

Sorry I'm a bit late with my take on it.

I'd not been on a Ride for Food before, so didn't know what to expect. I'd noticed the "speedy" bit in the title, and it didn't disappoint, so I was bit shagged by the time I peeled off at Newdigate. I'd hoped the route was going to be less A road-tastic, especially after we left That London, but it was not to be.

High points: Sheltering behind D Walnuts Esq. as he towed me along the A29.
Chatting to Martin as we took in the delights of Weare Lane (the finest lane in Christendom)
Simon's story of the dinosaur and the Vagina Monologues
Ice cream and lemonade at my tea stop at tanhouse farm (half a mile south of Newdigate)
Telling Mice to to put fresh air in her tyres for better performance.
That lovely Peugeot.
That lovely Alan.
148km by the time I got home.

Hope this doesn't make me sound like too much of wingeing git. It was great to be out and grab a word with people when I could spare the oxygen. I managed a few snaps, mostly, it seems, of war memorials. We never seem to run out of those.

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sorry I'm a bit late with my take on it.

I'd not been on a Ride for Food before, so didn't know what to expect. I'd noticed the "speedy" bit in the title, and it didn't disappoint, so I was bit shagged by the time I peeled off at Newdigate. I'd hoped the route was going to be less A road-tastic, especially after we left That London, but it was not to be.

High points: Sheltering behind D Walnuts Esq. as he towed me along the A29.
Chatting to Martin as we took in the delights of Weare Lane (the finest lane in Christendom)
Simon's story of the dinosaur and the Vagina Monologues
Ice cream and lemonade at my tea stop at tanhouse farm (half a mile south of Newdigate)
Telling Mice to to put fresh air in her tyres for better performance.
That lovely Peugeot.
That lovely Alan.
148km by the time I got home.

Hope this doesn't make me sound like too much of wingeing git. It was great to be out and grab a word with people when I could spare the oxygen. I managed a few snaps, mostly, it seems, of war memorials. We never seem to run out of those.

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Not too wingey at all. What an excellent day that was.

lilolee

Veteran

What kind of sycophant are you?
Uh... what kind of sycophant would you like me to be?

Probably not a winging one
rolleyes.gif

GetFatty

Über Member
Mr Dellzeqq esq is our glorious leader for this one.

Meet at HPC for an 8am off.

Route will be.
HPC-Kingston-Esher-Ockham-A3 for about 1.5 miles- Burpham- Guildford-Miford-Haslemere-(almost) Midhurst-Petworth-Billingshurst bypass-A29-Weare Street-Capel-Newdigate-Pixham Lane- Mickleham-Leatherhead-HPC

Approx 109 mile quick round route. I expect the overall average speed of the ride will be 14-15mph

Lunch will be at the tea rooms in Midhurst or at Petworth if we're in good shape
Tea will be taken at Capel Church. This is the best church tea in the world.

Dellzeqq Ianrauk
Martint235

Stuaff
Davywalnuts
iZaP
rb58
Origamist

CharlieB
Lilolee (at Cobham)
Adrian
Mark Grant @ Esher/Cobham
Tim Hall
Thom
User10571
Whatever happened to izap and Thom?

GetFatty

Über Member
Izap I last saw on an Audax. He's beefed up considerably since you last saw him. He's a cycling machine.
He always was!! Just a lithe one

It's north of the 'Sham, east of Ockley.
Your memory might be playing tricks . Last time I was there, the surface condition was poor, although that was a couple of years ago. But you can't see the surface so much at night, just feel it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom