Spelling mnemonics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anybody recommend an anti-mnemonic to help forget information that you don't need to remember any more!

yes please! I have one stuck in my head from when I was 12... for some or other exam.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Can anybody recommend an anti-mnemonic to help forget information that you don't need to remember any more!

Yes - a combination of diamorphine, DMT, MDMA, THC and Methamphetamine. Take liberal quantities three times a day, for two weeks. Then check yourself into a locked ward in a nut house (you're gonna need it!). Upon completion of lengthy rehabilitation to the point where you can keep polite company without shitting yourself and screaming obscenities at people who don't exist, you will have forgotten absolutely everything that you know.
cool.gif

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes - a combination of diamorphine, DMT, MDMA, THC and Methamphetamine. Take liberal quantities three times a day, for two weeks. Then check yourself into a locked ward in a nut house (you're gonna need it!). Upon completion of lengthy rehabilitation to the point where you can keep polite company without shitting yourself and screaming obscenities at people who don't exist, you will have forgotten absolutely everything that you know.
cool.gif
Ah, that's where I was going wrong - I thought 6 pints of beer a night would do the trick!

It partially worked - I can't remember much about the bike other than it was a blue Raleigh and it was 5-speed, but I still remember the damn frame number!

I cannot even remember if the clocks go forward or back each time.

I am useless at spelling but rarely mix up words. I think you have lumped them in the same compartment and should keep them apart and with their own identity.

I do sometimes need to think about Effect and Affect, Effect and Effluent come out the end.

Spellcheck is the best thing since spliced bead.

snorri

Legendary Member
Spring forward, Fall back!
That mnemonic confuses as much as it helps, we have all experienced a forward fall , and had something spring back on us!:biggrin:

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Music notes can be remembered by Every Good Boy Deserves Fruit for the notes on the lines and FACE for the notes in between. That's about as far as I got in my recorder class.

That mnemonic confuses as much as it helps, we have all experienced a forward fall , and had something spring back on us!:biggrin:

Exacto..

Wifey always says this and I always say "is it spring forward and fall back, or spring back and fall forward".

It is a useless mnemonic as it works equally both ways round.

Sorry if this has messed it up for anyone.

Oh and Mites grow up and tights come down. (Stalag)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Exacto..

Wifey always says this and I always say "is it spring forward and fall back, or spring back and fall forward".

It is a useless mnemonic as it works equally both ways round.

Sorry if this has messed it up for anyone.

Oh and Mites grow up and tights come down. (Stalag)
Yeahbut - little mites sometimes fall down, and someone has to have pulled the tights up before you can pull them down! ;)

Top Bottom