Spoiler : Paris - Nice. 3-10 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radchenister

Veteran
Talansky could be awesome by next year's summer. He shoulda kept his powder dry til closer to the finish. Porte showed how to do it, go once, go late, go hard, dont't look back.

I guess some of the biggest lessons are hard learned - he'll have that one engrained now for certain.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Vaughters tweeted a little while ago: "You can't take the pitbull out of the pitbull."

He's right. And I hope Talansky never loses that side of his racing. He's fun to watch. With a bit more experience, he'll win big races.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I was up very late last night Smutchin, and I saw your post and you were bang on fella. Fair play.

(I've moved up one place on the fantasy league too).

Lucky guess! ^_^

I certainly wasn't expecting it to pan out quite like it did - I imagined something more like the Planche des Belles Filles finish from the Tour last year, with Talansky in the Nibali role.

d.

tigger

Über Member
Did you see Porte **** past Menchove on that steep bend? Hope these boys are clean....

When I watched that I said to my mate, "these Sky boys have got to be on something". I live and hope I'm wrong. We wondered whether they have a new drug which isn't on the banned list. We also debated whether, if this was true, that its cheating. In F1 they exploit the rules through design interpretation all the time. Is it any different with finding a new drug, supplement or herbal remedy?

raindog

er.....
Is it any different with finding a new drug, supplement or herbal remedy?
Yes. In F1 it's in the spirit and interpretation of the regulations. In cycling, it's cheating.
We're the only ones who seem to have noticed, but he went past Menchov as if he was standing still.
Wish I could ride like that. :sad::laugh:

raindog

er.....
ha - the sun's shining in Nice :smile:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That was a weird sprint, it seemed to lack all urgency. Good win for Chavanel, but no-one really seemed to trying that hard today.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Funny conversation between Dave Harmon and Sean Kelly.
Already it has been pointed out that Wiggo holds the course record on the Col D'Eze TT course but when the course was 400 m longer, Kelly managed to do the course at a faster average speed...
Discussing how this was possible and the differences in riding style between the various riders, Kelly is talking about him having to ride out of the saddle for these things (his got a msg in his earpiece if he sat down for more than a minute), whereas Wiggo could sit on his bike with the latest aero technology, wind tunnel testing of his position etc. and do it churning a big gear.
Not sure if Harmon was deliberately implying potential differences in "preparation" too but it comes over as water off a duck's back to Kelly.

Top Bottom