Spoiler : Paris - Nice. 3-10 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Porte had his Wheaties this morning for sure.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Well down Porte - winning the stage as well as the GC.
Interesting also to note how well Talansky did - given BMC had greater numbers supporting TJ towards the end of stages and that Talansky outperformed TJ on this TT by a good margin, it appears Talansky has the edge out of the 2 young US riders.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Man, I hope Sky are clean. Porte blew away the field just then, nearly beat wiggos time from last year!

Their watts per kg are far from suspicious, not like the silly strongman acts of old. For example Chris Froome did 5.93W/kg at the end of yesterday's stage, whereas the old doped riders did 7+ W/kg easily. I think looking at W/kg is the surest measure of doping or not. I think there was talk about a power passport similar to the blood passport, so minor changes could be tracked but large spikes would trigger investigations. Problems is that power is a riders "crown jewels" and that too much info would assist other teams etc...

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Their watts per kg are far from suspicious, not like the silly strongman acts of old. For example Chris Froome did 5.93W/kg at the end of yesterday's stage, whereas the old doped riders did 7+ W/kg easily. I think looking at W/kg is the surest measure of doping or not. I think there was talk about a power passport similar to the blood passport, so minor changes could be tracked but large spikes would trigger investigations. Problems is that power is a riders "crown jewels" and that too much info would assist other teams etc...

They are talking about exactly this in todays T-A stage...as I type.

BJH

Über Member
why are people surprised he blew past menchov so fast? it's menchov!
Another rider who appears to be a lot slower these days, must be his age then ??

PpPete

Legendary Member
Another rider who appears to be a lot slower these days, must be his age then ??
I don't see age is necesarily a factor - look at Chris Horner's performances over the last few days.
In Menchov's case, a cynic might suspect that he can no longer "prepare" like he used to.... nor, probably, can Horner but he seems to be coping.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Horner could probably afford AICAR if he wanted it, and probably knows people who could get it for him.

If he wanted it.

d.
Horner is a bit of an outlier, I guess like Jens. In the realm of long distance running, people in their late thirties can perform very well, if not right at the pinnacle. Horner doesn't jump around with bag fulls of energy like Talansky tried, or Porte at the finish. Perhaps he just knows his limitations - we don't see his name on the list of stupid times going up Apl d'Huez do we ? But he was certainly around through the dodgy era, if not really racing in Europe's biggest races.

Top Bottom