Spoiler : Tour of Oman. 11 - 16 Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does Matt Goss mean 2nd place in Australian?? Seriously can't remember anyone getting narrowly beat so many times........

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I enjoyed that race!

The delayed Eurosport coverage was a pain because I had to keep out of here all week to avoid the spoilers. Many thanks to the BBC for their scrolling news ticker which caught me out, despite me having the channel change button ready to press before they did their sports coverage ... :cursing:

Sagan and Froome were very impressive.

I was surprised by how interesting Oman was. Okay, it was arid, but it was very lumpy and arid and the people looked lovely. I don't suppose that I will ever get to go there, but I will certainly make sure that I watch the Tour of Oman every year!

I enjoyed that race!

The delayed Eurosport coverage was a pain because I had to keep out of here all week to avoid the spoilers. Many thanks to the BBC for their scrolling news ticker which caught me out, despite me having the channel change button ready to press before they did their sports coverage ... :cursing:

Sagan and Froome were very impressive.

I was surprised by how interesting Oman was. Okay, it was arid, but it was very lumpy and arid and the people looked lovely. I don't suppose that I will ever get to go there, but I will certainly make sure that I watch the Tour of Oman every year!
I came on here after the first race only to discover Sagan won the 2nd race!! In my confusion i did not return until after race 6.

beastie

Guru
Is it really worth avoiding the result for a whole day just to watch a 2 bit half hour highlights package ruined by the idiot ramblings of that verbal diarrhea ridden fool.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Is it really worth avoiding the result for a whole day just to watch a 2 bit half hour highlights package ruined by the idiot ramblings of that verbal diarrhea ridden fool.

Yes .... but I know what you mean.

Overall a good tour to watch. Some of the roads made me want to go ride them - although that isn't very likely.

beastie

Guru
Yes .... but I know what you mean.

Overall a good tour to watch. Some of the roads made me want to go ride them - although that isn't very likely.
Oh I thought it had some good racing. The official highlights package beats CK commentary any day though.(and it didn't even have any commentary)

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I'd love to ride out there, the roads looked super smooth, but defiantly NOT in the summer months :eek:

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
I like Froome - he's talented but shy and working out the politics of how to exist in a team mostly built with another rider in mind. I reckon he will end his career with a considerably better road palmares than Wiggins will and that in doing so he will provide much entertainment in the UK along the way. Which is not to denigrate Wiggins' trailblazing grand tour success but to point out the very best years of his career are ahead of Froome.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've been a fan of Wiggins' fresh, shoot from the hip (and mouth) approach to PR in contrast to the mundane, trite guff most riders give us but I don't think the way he has handled the Froome affair reflects too well on him. The way he has behaved when they're in public together, the lack of even a congratulatory handshake after the London TT, not lining up together at the start in Oman etc.
He is still saying he'll defend the yellow jersey if he feels fit enough. It may be the case but the team orders are the thing and he should toe the line in public at least.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I've been a fan of Wiggins' fresh, shoot from the hip (and mouth) approach to PR in contrast to the mundane, trite guff most riders give us but I don't think the way he has handled the Froome affair reflects too well on him. The way he has behaved when they're in public together, the lack of even a congratulatory handshake after the London TT, not lining up together at the start in Oman etc.
He is still saying he'll defend the yellow jersey if he feels fit enough. It may be the case but the team orders are the thing and he should toe the line in public at least.

through gritted teeth from wiggins?

IMG-6234_2902282.jpg

i like froome, but i worry about wiggins ego at the tour

tigger

Über Member
I like Froome - he's talented but shy and working out the politics of how to exist in a team mostly built with another rider in mind. I reckon he will end his career with a considerably better road palmares than Wiggins will and that in doing so he will provide much entertainment in the UK along the way. Which is not to denigrate Wiggins' trailblazing grand tour success but to point out the very best years of his career are ahead of Froome.

I agree with all of this except your very first statement. I just can't warm to him. He just doesn't have the personality I need in my sporting heroes.

Top Bottom