Spoiler : Tour of Oman. 11 - 16 Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Excellent - really pleased for Froome. Sure this is early season and unimportant in the large but this is the first stage race victory for Chris who has demonstrated the talent to get close in the past. It looks like there can be a fun year ahead with Froome, Contador, Rodriguez and perhaps others getting in the mix of some pretty aggressive and exciting cycling. It augurs well that Froome has shown he can come out on top on his day.

Radchenister

Veteran

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Looking at the shoulder to shoulder stuff and the 'chats' between Froome and Contador, I have a feeling we are have a very tasty season lined up...

ayceejay

Guru
I have noticed that a lot of the young riders in the early breakaways have a much slower cadence than was once the norm. There were some nasty climbs for sure but is this a new trend?

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
At one point I really thought the commentator made an awful lot of the chat between Contador and Froome. It's their job to talk stuff up up I didn't buy it all.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't know what to make of the 'chat'. It looked like AC started it but I can't imagine what he could say. It was hardly incumbent on Froome to do his share of the work since he already had the jersey.
There'll be more at steak stake later in the season though.

montage

God Almighty
I don't think the convo between Froome and Bertie was all that much to read into - maybe a bit of encouragement for Bertie to do some more work but no more... the "elbows" just looked like a minor wobble. What a great race to watch this has been - looking forward to round 2!

Top Bottom