SPOILER - Tour of Spain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Isle of Man rider Mark Cavendish won the 12th stage of the Tour of Spain to complete a memorable feat of individual stage wins at all three grand tours. Glasgow-born climber Robert Millar, who won stages at the Giro d'Italia, Tour de France and Vuelta a Espana in the 1980s, is the only Briton to match him.

Surely the Beeb have this wrong as Cavendish is matching Robert.

Robert Millar Britons best ever stage cyclist.

Well done Cav though. :bravo:

I think i am suffering from a very small amount of man love for that guy at the moment. Although I hope that what Sky are trying to do (might take them a while based on this season, but that's for another day) I hope he stays put with HTC/THR/Columbia

Same. As long as HTC has the lead out train that it does, he's staying with them.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I've been away for a while - but I was a little surprised to see that so few people seem to be talking about the Vuelta or the Fantary Vuelta. Has it just not been interesting?

raindog

er.....
Yes, it's been a great race.
I've been posting on another forum, but would've willingly joined in here, but as you've observed, no-one seems bothered.

Keith Oates

Janner
The racing forum has never been very well supported and the Vuelta doesn't seem to be as popular as the TdF or Giro for some reason. However for Cavendish to get his third win yesterday and now it looks as if he will keep the Green Jersey should have sparked some more interest as it also means he now has 23 sprint wins in the Grand Tours.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The racing forum has never been very well supported and the Vuelta doesn't seem to be as popular as the TdF or Giro for some reason. However for Cavendish to get his third win yesterday and now it looks as if he will keep the Green Jersey should have sparked some more interest as it also means he now has 23 sprint wins in the Grand Tours.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Cav made it up todays Del Mundo, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it no.4 tomorrow.

raindog

er.....
He was with everyone else in the autobus well within the time delay. He has the points jersey in the bag so he shouled be well happy regardless of whether he wins tomorrow.

This has been a great Vuelta.

Stange

He was with everyone else in the autobus well within the time delay. He has the points jersey in the bag so he shouled be well happy regardless of whether he wins tomorrow.

This has been a great Vuelta.

Great stage yesterday, that climb was horrible. Very impressed with Nibali, I thought he was done for earlier in the climb.

raindog

er.....
Great stage yesterday, that climb was horrible. Very impressed with Nibali, I thought he was done for earlier in the climb.
+1
I think it was one of the most exciting stages I've ever seen.

Ball

+1

Mosquera was brilliant the way he attacked, and attacked, and attacked again, but just ran out of steam, and Nibali was unbelievable, tenacious and genius the way he paced himself up the climb. What a stage, what a vuelta and what a year of Grand Tours. Next year surely can't get any better?

+1
I think it was one of the most exciting stages I've ever seen.

Stange

+1

Mosquera was brilliant the way he attacked, and attacked, and attacked again, but just ran out of steam, and Nibali was unbelievable, tenacious and genius the way he paced himself up the climb. What a stage, what a vuelta and what a year of Grand Tours. Next year surely can't get any better?

I've never really seen Mosquera before, very impressive all round. A shame that he's probably going to VaconSoleil where he'll be joing up with a certian Mr R Ricco. I quite liked them as a team before that was announced. They've probably ruined their TdF chances with that signing.

raindog

er.....
Looks as if Cav tried to gift the win to Goss today, but his pal sat up on the line and Farrar came through from the left to take it. Still, I doubt if Cav will be worried with three stage wins and the green jersey.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Looks as if Cav tried to gift the win to Goss today, but his pal sat up on the line and Farrar came through from the left to take it. Still, I doubt if Cav will be worried with three stage wins and the green jersey.

That's how I read it too, RD.

Great Vuelta though. I didn't ever think I'd hear myself say that!

It's not as popular due to it's poor recent quality with too many using it as a 10 day training ride for the Worlds and a poor parcours and the fact that unless you have Eurosport you can't see any of it live or highlighted.

Top Bottom