(SPOILER) What, no ToQ thread ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Cavendish - Sky had a great train though EBH ended up 8'th
Argos-Shimano did a lot of work in the final kms but got nothing
A crash in the peloton detained the BMC guys so I think Cav may get the race lead due to time bonuses

Barry Markus 2nd (Vaconsoleil), Guardini 3rd (Astana)

Cav's win again notable for a lack of a lead out man - he worked out the finish himself again.

raindog

er.....
thanks for the link thom - none of my usual sources worked today - don't know why.

Much "easier" for Cav today - must have the race lead I should think?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It might just be my dodgy memory, but have Cav's sprints tended to become longer over the last couple of years? I heard him say after yesterday's win that he was light, not reaching maximum power rates but still winning.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The bonus seconds just did it. Brookwhatshiname was apparently caught up in that big crash but they all got the same time as Cav.

beastie

Guru
If cav has lost 7 kilos, then surely he will be going for Milan San Remo? His remarks the other day were that the pace over the climbs would be too high for him. Could be a smokescreen?

thom

____
If cav has lost 7 kilos, then surely he will be going for Milan San Remo? His remarks the other day were that the pace over the climbs would be too high for him. Could be a smokescreen?
No it's not a smokescreen. He would never do that. OPQS don't care about the classics and Cav doesn't care about the ones for sprinters.

oldroadman

Veteran
No it's not a smokescreen. He would never do that. OPQS don't care about the classics and Cav doesn't care about the ones for sprinters.
Er, then why hire Boonen? I think something was lost in translation..
Belgian team, Gent-Wevelgem, Ronde van Vlaarenden, Het Niewsblad, Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, no of course they don't care about 'em:hyper:

thom

____
Er, then why hire Boonen? I think something was lost in translation..
Belgian team, Gent-Wevelgem, Ronde van Vlaarenden, Het Niewsblad, Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, no of course they don't care about 'em:hyper:
Just to be clear, the above posts were attempts at humour.
Back in 2009, when Zabel was mentoring Cav at HTC, they secretly nailed the recceing of MSR. Spent a lot of effort in the race with the whole team pacing him over the climbs - all eggs in his basket. But beforehand they point blank denied any ambition for Cav to win MSR.
OPQS is clearly gagging to win the classics - that is their raison d'être. Gent-Wevelgem and MSR are the most likely to give Cav an iota of a chance. He's having a laugh if anyone believes he won't be gunning for MSR again.

Top Bottom