[SPOILERS] Critérium du Dauphiné

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Just watched it back as live. Amazing TT by Bradley. I wonder if he eased off a smidge when he had Cuddles in sight. All looking good for July.

I wondered that... I suspect natural instincts to take Evans may have kicked in when he saw him first, but then realised (or the was told from the car) that he going into the red and better to go back to his planned pace. Pushing hard through the last km would have been a mistake anyway - far too much risk. Meanwhile Cadel may have been putting himself deep into the red to stay awy?

U

User169

I wondered that... I suspect natural instincts to take Evans may have kicked in when he saw him first, but then realised (or the was told from the car) that he going into the red and better to go back to his planned pace. Pushing hard through the last km would have been a mistake anyway - far too much risk. Meanwhile Cadel may have been putting himself deep into the red to stay awy?

I think you're right - this is what he said in the Guardian:

"it was nice to come so close to catching Cadel Evans. It's good to feel I had a decent gap on him, but I tried not to get too fixated on it in the end of the stage. I wanted to finish my ride regardless of where he was. If you were watching it, you might wonder why I didn't catch him, as I had him in sight for so long at the end of the stage, but I actually think he sped up a bit. I kept to my rhythm, didn't want to take too many risks on the corners and he finished strongly. It's not a case of thinking 'Oh yes, I'll catch him now'. At that point you are both trying to empty the tank. You're an hour into the stage and you are both doing your own race."

400bhp

Guru
Gotta be good for the mind games going into the Tour. Ashtonishing TT by Wiggins.

The Sky team is so strong too.

Wiggo averaged over 30mph on what looked like a twisty course for an entire hour.

I try an hold 25mph for even 30seconds and its bloody hard.
On the motorbike camera following Wiggins along one of the straights, they zoomed in on the speedo and Wiggins was doing 80km/h

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Interesting to see the Sammy Sanchez is lying 8th from last overall - did he crash?

Yeah, quite badly. They thought he'd broken some ribs at first and it looked very unlikely that he'd be able to continue, but clearly this is a vital part of his Tour preparations so he couldn't afford to pull out. Chapeau to him for still being in the race.

d.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Lot of big names being dropped off the back of the peloton on that climb. Suggests a very sustained pace by Sky pulling it along?

Interesting about Cobo.... maybe one of those who peaks later in the season?

PpPete

Legendary Member
Shame the TV schedule didnt include that climb.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Lot of big names being dropped off the back of the peloton on that climb. Suggests a very sustained pace by Sky pulling it along?

Interesting about Cobo.... maybe one of those who peaks later in the season?
I think he peaks when the circuit gets back to Spain

Top Bottom