[SPOILERS] Critérium du Dauphiné

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
was it just his arm warmers pulled down?

Yes.

raindog

er.....
Just cruising the comments on VeloChrono after yesterday's TT and noticed this

"Je suis très heureux du retour de Froomie" ^_^ nice, eh?

Paul_L

Über Member
monster stage today, with the Colombiere and Joux Plane. Eurosport seem to have it live from midday, so cover both these summits. Let's hope Sky have enough in their legs after yesterday's efforts. Siutsou can climb a bit can't he, and i didn't hear his name being close to the front yesterday, so maybe he was being kept back to assist today?

PpPete

Legendary Member
Andy "I'm not worried" Schleck quit - less than half way through today's stage.
No surprises to pull, not even riding himself into form !
So .... even worse than when he and Frank are not waiting around for each other ?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Just watching yesterday's highlights. Cracking entertainment. Wiggo's move to shut down the Evans/Nibali group was pure class.

They didn't show a close-up of Evans when Wiggo passed him but the body language was clear even in the aerial shot - shoulders visibly dropping. Lovely shot of the two AG2R riders glancing behind to see the yellow jersey on their tail as well. I think the word is "crestfallen".

Great work by Porte before that to close the gap. Loved his hand-off on Nerz - he was clearly in the mood for a scrap.

In fact, the strength of the whole Sky team is astonishing. *If* they can all carry this form through to the Tour, Brad will be the best supported GC contender since Lance in his US Postal heyday.

Impressive ride by Vichot too.

d.

Little bit of interesting detail about the descent break away here.

I read the Schleck interview in Cycling News, about the only thing he said which chimed was about Wiggins peaking too early. That's the only thing that concerns me about this display but then he isn't the first rider to win the Dauphine and then go on to do well at the Tour, so....

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I read the Schleck interview in Cycling News, about the only thing he said which chimed was about Wiggins peaking too early. That's the only thing that concerns me about this display but then he isn't the first rider to win the Dauphine and then go on to do well at the Tour, so....

Yeah, but Wiggins is apparently following a completely different training schedule and philosophy than this. He also says he's only at 90-95% right now.

Top Bottom