Spoke replaced, wheel trued!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abo

Hooray! It was a quicker job than I thought too :biggrin:

I remembered that I have an app on my Android simply called 'Bike Repair', it has clear step-by-step instructions with useful pictures, and it was handy because I had it right there with my bike.

I feel a bit cleverer today (and smugger, if that's a word :whistle:)

Not to renew Freddie's frayed gear cable and that is the bike jobs over with for the day. Good job I'm on leave lol

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
well done you :thumbsup:

bike repairs can be daunting if you've never really done them before but fairly straight forward once you start.

apollo179

Presuming the spoke broke because it was tightened when the wheel was previously trued to a level of tightness that ultimately led to failure. How did you feel the truing went. Do you have any concerns over spoke tightness and the possibility of future tightness related spoke failure.
Well done btw.:thumbsup:

the snail

Guru
Presuming the spoke broke because it was tightened when the wheel was previously trued to a level of tightness that ultimately led to failure. How did you feel the truing went. Do you have any concerns over spoke tightness and the possibility of future tightness related spoke failure.
Well done btw.:thumbsup:

more likely it was uneven spoke tension that caused the failure, excessive tension would probably damage the rim.

apollo179

more likely it was uneven spoke tension that caused the failure, excessive tension would probably damage the rim.
Interesting.
I sometimes get spokes break - i do have a tendency to adjust the rim locally by adjusting just a few of the nearest spokes rather than evenly and progressively. I like your even adjustment idea but it gets difficult on a badly buckled wheel. Ive got a spoke meter but tbh i find it not much of a help.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
I remembered that I have an app on my Android simply called 'Bike Repair', it has clear step-by-step instructions with useful pictures, and it was handy because I had it right there with my bike.

Where did you get the App from? It is not showing in the Market search results.

Top Bottom