Spokes - length

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Are they 'genreally' of a certain length for a 700c wheel or can mm mean they wont fit = what I need is a few spokes for my wheel BUT I've not got the length measurements or one with me.

The wheel's a Tiagra R/Hub and Mavic Sport rim 32H.

Rapples

Guru
You should be able to find a calculator on Sheldon Brown, or good LBS will work it out fo you

andygates

Spocalc has served me well for dozens of wheels.

A decent bike shop will have a lits of their own, too - so you can just ask them for the "right spokes". Plus if they're wrong, you can return them ;)

domtyler

Über Member
Why don't you just take the wheel in and get the new spokes fitted and the wheel trued in the shop. I usually only costs a tenner or so and will be much less hassle than trying to do it yourself.

02GF74

Über Member
spoke length depends on the hub, rim and lacing pattern so as those 3 vary in design and size, so will the spoke's lengths.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

domtyler said:
Why don't you just take the wheel in and get the new spokes fitted and the wheel trued in the shop. I usually only costs a tenner or so and will be much less hassle than trying to do it yourself.

Dom,

Don't you get any satisfaction out of DIY !!!!

kyuss

Veteran
domtyler said:

A standard double butted spoke will cost less than £1 (maybe as cheap as 30p if plain guage) and if you know what you're doing even a drive side spoke will only take 10-15 minutes to fit and retrue. Some bike shops have a two or three day waiting list for bookings and I'd rather save the £10 and a whole bunch of time and hassle and do it myself.

Top Bottom