Spooks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I love it, but always forget it's on, so I've missed it again.

Is the hot bloke still in it? He's pretty damn perfect!

SamNichols

I haven't seen it this series, as I'm currently TVless, I've heard that they've changed the format from the old crisis a week format to something more like 24... haven't experienced it, so i don't know if that is good or bad.
Do have first three series on DVD and series 4 and 5 were on demand where I was last. Love it (series 2 was best by the way).

barq

I don't really watch much telly, but I picked up the 1st series from my DVD club quite recently. For those who have seen more recent series, does it remain good?

SamNichols

barq said:
I don't really watch much telly, but I picked up the 1st series from my DVD club quite recently. For those who have seen more recent series, does it remain good?

The cast completely changes over around series 3, as various people leave. None have quite the visceral impact of episode 2, series 1 (will never look at chips again in the same way). But, yes it does remain suitably stupid and awesome - they introduce neat little plot devices that really keep it ticking along from episode to episode, thus making sure it's not repetitive.

mondobongo

Über Member
Definitely the best thing the Beeb have done in quite some time although Life on Mars comes close. I was also a big fan of the Paradise Club.

Initially thought after the first 2 episodes of this series that it was getting a bit far fetched but it is all gelling really well now with the interwinding threads. Just watched last nights episode on, on demand great story edge of the seat stuff.

Just one question where the bloody hell is Zaf ??????????

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Saddle bum said:
There's someting about Hermione Norris ...........

She looks like an old tranny?

Spooks is trash of the highest calibre. The first series was trying way too hard but it's settled down into a nice kind of ludicrousness...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's absolute tosh, but quite enjoyable nonetheless.

I liked the first couple of series (with Tom) rather more than these, I have to say.

Completely over the top, totally unbelievable, leave your brain at the door etc.

I love it!! :tongue: I'm enjoying this series more because of the continuing plot. Well done the BBC!! (oh, oh simoncc will be along in a minute complaining about paying for my entertainment :blush:)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Cathryn said:

If you mean Rupert Penry-Jones, yes he is. Without giving too much plot:wacko: away, he was dragged naked from the bed to a bath last night, excellent camera work.:blush::ohmy::sad::tongue:

PrettyboyTim

Cathryn said:

Yes. And he had a nude scene in last night's episode. YOU COULD EVEN SEE HIS WILLY!

My Wife was very excited.

PrettyboyTim

I like Spooks, but I don't like the amount of 'torture for the greater good' that they get up to...

Also, you can't use a diode with one of the legs cut off as a bugging device.

Top Bottom