Spooky goings on,s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It wouldn't be the first time she'd had the willies put up her.
Would this be a good time to interject with my ghoulies?

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
When we were kids, my parents used to take us to Wales on holiday. We stayed there in one of the farm houses and me and my brothers loved it there. It was proper boys' stuff - messing about in the hay loft, the sheep dip (I know), pretending to drive the tractor, going off exploring the place...

I'll always remember the upstairs bathroom, just used to get really frightened in there; I mean real hairs-standing-up-on-the-back-of-your-neck stuff. No idea why, just got really frightened in there with this sense that I'd turn round and *something* would be there, looking at me. Something scary.

Years later, as young adults, my brothers and my Mum got talking about the place. To my surprise, all of us had felt the same there - but nobody had ever felt brave enough to tell the others! My uncle (not a small or meek man), had told my Mum, but they both made a pact to keep it to themselves. More years passed until earlier this year, I took my own kids there. I still got the creeps in that bathroom, no matter how silly I told myself I was being, I mean it was REALLY CREEPY. I was talking to my daughter about the few days we had there and I asked her what she thought of the place.

"It was nice, a bit shabby though and that bathroom upstairs really gave me the creeps."

There is something!

Drago

Legendary Member
The vicar spent an evening having dinner with Miss Goodbody a few months ago. At one point he went upstairs to use the loo. She later found some ectoplasm in the bathroom sink ! :ohmy:

Have you ever read Ozzy Osbourne's autobiography? The story of how he went for a Forest Gump round at Roger Whittaker's house is priceless.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Things like this disturb me. I would far rather see an intruder in my house with a weapon, than see or hear anything ghostly. There must be some explanation though? Any pets in the house? Was the drawer that opened itself loose, or would it certainly require a good yank to open it? Only thing I can think of (and it does happen) is maybe there was a burglar in the house who then hid and made an escape? No offence but I'm hoping your ex BIL is imagining things. I can't even watch spooky movies anymore.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nope, don't believe in it myself.
Me neither, I'm one of life's great sceptics; however.........

Many years ago, when I was working for Post Office Telephones, I was installing the cabling in the upstairs rooms of a large empty Victorian house in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
The house was on the Hagley Road and was one of many that had been, or in this case was being, converted to office use.
I was working with my mate Geoff, when he offered to go to the local sandwich shop to get lunch. I carried on working.
When Geoff got back about 30 minutes later, I was standing outside waiting for him.
He thought I must have been really hungry!
Actually, what happened was that after he left I carried on as normal until I became aware of an extremely strong sense that I was being watched. There was no one else in the house and I'd worked alone on numerous other occasions with no bother.
The sensation became overpowering and I had to leave the room I was working in.
I could not go back into the house by myself after that and I couldn't finish working in the room that I'd been in. I took over Geoff's room and he finished mine. He later said that he'd felt very uneasy in there when I left the house to nip back to our depot to pick up more cable.
To this day I have never experienced anything like that. Very odd.
Do I believe in the paranormal? No.
I reckon it must have been some subtle psychological trigger that caused the sensation.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My younger brother and myself were in a local pub one lunchtime, we had had only one beer at this particular moment, my brother was looking intently down a corridor over my shoulder. After a while I enquired what he was looking at and he said there was a man dressed in Edwardian clothes standing at the bottom of a staircase. Of course I turned and looked but could see nothing except the corridor. He was adamant that he was there and could see him as clear as he could see me.

gbb

Legendary Member
It's strange how weird things can happen in life. Back in 2012 mum passed away in a hospice. When I got home the clock in the hallway had stop at the exact time she died. Very odd indeed.
This is the only time anything odd happened but my dad had recently died at the time and the wife and I had just started talking about him and heard a bang from the dining room. We walked through to find his photo had fallen down.

Coincidence of course, but a creepy coincidence.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
When we were kids, my parents used to take us to Wales on holiday. We stayed there in one of the farm houses and me and my brothers loved it there. It was proper boys' stuff - messing about in the hay loft, the sheep dip (I know), pretending to drive the tractor, going off exploring the place...

I'll always remember the upstairs bathroom, just used to get really frightened in there; I mean real hairs-standing-up-on-the-back-of-your-neck stuff. No idea why, just got really frightened in there with this sense that I'd turn round and *something* would be there, looking at me. Something scary.

Years later, as young adults, my brothers and my Mum got talking about the place. To my surprise, all of us had felt the same there - but nobody had ever felt brave enough to tell the others! My uncle (not a small or meek man), had told my Mum, but they both made a pact to keep it to themselves. More years passed until earlier this year, I took my own kids there. I still got the creeps in that bathroom, no matter how silly I told myself I was being, I mean it was REALLY CREEPY. I was talking to my daughter about the few days we had there and I asked her what she thought of the place.

"It was nice, a bit shabby though and that bathroom upstairs really gave me the creeps."

There is something!

I can relate something similar. We hired a cottage in the north of Scotland one year. Well more of a manse than a mere cottage and was honestly describe as rather basic, which we quite correctly interpreted as cold and damp. So far so good: a cold damp creepy old house. But the strange thing was, we all seperateley got freaked out in the light, airy and quite nice part of the house; the creepy parts being fine. We joked about the "haunted" bathroom, but we all got washed PDQ and rushed back to the cold manky damp parts of the house. We were all cynical science types yet we all felt this without quite "believing".

Although a most of this kind of thing is clearly bollocks, I tend to believe that some of it isn't.

In a similar vein, anyone tried dowsing? At a known science level it makes no sense, yet hold some rods in your hand and walk across the ground and you can feel "something" as well as the mere movement of the rods. I do believe it's science not magic but I can't fathom what? Apparently James Randi has debunked claimed dowsers finding water or whatever, but still, when you can feel your own muscles twitching, and others getting reaction in same place, there's summat going on.

classic33

Leg End Member
This is the only time anything odd happened but my dad had recently died at the time and the wife and I had just started talking about him and heard a bang from the dining room. We walked through to find his photo had fallen down.

Coincidence of course, but a creepy coincidence.
Maybe not a coincidence!

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom