Sportive Kinross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ferret fur

Interestingly . The Dragon's Teeth sportive organised by the same bunch over the same area only had about 50 entrants & that was in August (I think): odd

Sold out by 4pm. Wow!
Some of the lads went in around midday and are now on the waiting list. :-(

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

I've done the Dunfermline one the last 2 years, only done the short route though.

Kinross one seems super popular :thumbsup:
The Dunfy one on April 1st this year was a toughie....out to Yetts Of Muckhart, then back through Glendevon to Dunning, etc..... Weather was great, very warm. Organisation was good.
Just waiting for them to announce date for 2013....

Col5632

Guru
The Dunfy one on April 1st this year was a toughie....out to Yetts Of Muckhart, then back through Glendevon to Dunning, etc..... Weather was great, very warm. Organisation was good.
Just waiting for them to announce date for 2013....

It was on my birthday this year so it was a great bday pressie to myself, struggled on the 45 mile route last year so only done the same route this year but i think it was harder last year with going through kingseat first :shy:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
jesus H christ

just went to sign up and the thing is sold out already....tried to reserve a place...fingers crossed i get in

tug benson

I just hope they increase the numbers....and that really is a crazy amount of interest in this event, says a lot about it i suppose

Yes I had a keek last night and it was sold out ages before, 700 places in about 12 hours, wow.
Tour of the Borders would be good, I did the Tweedale ride last month and it was a fine ride, quite challenging in places.
Highland Perthshire last June was well run too.

tug benson

Would you recommend this for a first sportive.

We have a few on our doorstep, we have the dunfermline one, the kinross one and there was one in stirling in august, also the capital to capital ride looks fun

I just done my first sportive in august, i`ve only had my road bike since the first week in may and i`ve only been cycling for 1 year....once you do one you will be crying to do more, my first one was the st andrews sportive, this is the one i done

http://app.strava.com/rides/19771048

Top Bottom