Sportive Kinross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Will be there doing the black route with around 10 club members. @ACS - I too have been unwell for the past few weeks and finally on the mend. Feel much better but the time would have been better spent training as per previous plan. Bloody man flu!!
I believe we are using it as a training ride for the etape but i think we might try post a respectable time, though nothing incredible.
I'm still toying with which bike to take - De Rosa with compact group or Stealth with standard double and carbon rims.
The latter will be a real bitch if my form dips on the climbs!! lol. :sweat:
It is faster on the flat stuff though and will be my ride of choice for the Etape. The De Rosa is a joy to ride and climbs any hill.
Kinross has plenty of those.

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

Will be there doing the black route with around 10 club members. @ACS - I too have been unwell for the past few weeks and finally on the mend. Feel much better but the time would have been better spent training as per previous plan. Bloody man flu!!
I believe we are using it as a training ride for the etape but i think we might try post a respectable time, though nothing incredible.
I'm still toying with which bike to take - De Rosa with compact group or Stealth with standard double and carbon rims.
The latter will be a real bitch if my form dips on the climbs!! lol. :sweat:
It is faster on the flat stuff though and will be my ride of choice for the Etape. The De Rosa is a joy to ride and climbs any hill.
Kinross has plenty of those.
After the Black Route, the Etape will seem like a walk (or cycle) in the park, Pedro......:smile:

The Etape is a piece of p*ss yeh but riding it at full tilt is not. Aiming for a time between 3.30 to 4 hours.
TBH a few of us don't feel in the right condition for Kinross but i've no doubt that i will ride myself in to the ground anyway. Why not? ;)

The Etape is a piece of p*ss yeh but riding it at full tilt is not. Aiming for a time between 3.30 to 4 hours.
TBH a few of us don't feel in the right condition for Kinross but i've no doubt that i will ride myself in to the ground anyway. Why not? ;)
You'll manage both no problem, comparatively the Etape is a flatter course you can ride it at full tilt and be less stressed than Kinross. Ive not done a sub 4h time for the Etape; I think I was on for it in 2009 when some idiot spread tacks on the road and I managed it the following year in 4h15mins with only turbo training and occasional (fortnightly or less) road rides at weekends. Edit: I did it at least 75% solo you'll fly in a pack.
Good Luck one and all :thumbsup:

You'll manage both no problem, comparatively the Etape is a flatter course you can ride it at full tilt and be less stressed than Kinross. Ive not done a sub 4h time for the Etape; I think I was on for it in 2009 when some idiot spread tacks on the road and I managed it the following year in 4h15mins with only turbo training and occasional (fortnightly or less) road rides at weekends. Edit: I did it at least 75% solo you'll fly in a pack.
Good Luck one and all :thumbsup:
Was that the one where your brother had to tow you all the way round? :whistle:

Yeh i'll be fine. I'm one of these guys that moans about how they are going to suck badly and then produces a time of under 5 hours for Kinross. lol. :laugh:
Making my bed to sleep in here..............

Edit, i'll change that to under 8 hours to be safe. ;)

Was that the one where your brother had to tow you all the way round? :whistle:

Yeh i'll be fine. I'm one of these guys that moans about how they are going to suck badly and then produces a time of under 5 hours for Kinross. lol. :laugh:
Making my bed to sleep in here..............

Edit, i'll change that to under 8 hours to be safe. ;)

That was the year after, we were 4h27 that year.

That was the year after, we were 4h27 that year.
I just cycled with my brother yesterday. He rides once or twice a week in good weather only. 20 miles into a head wind and i towed him all the way. Averaged 13mph with only 1000ft of climbing. Bit of a headwind but i was practically towing him whilst freewheeling. Needless to say i give him a ribbing all the time in an effort to get him out there more often. In his teens he was a demon mountain biker. He just hasn't riden for over 10 years and the fitness has all but disappeared.
I realised some time ago that family rides are good recovery rides. :laugh:

Top Bottom