Sportive Kinross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Highland Perthshire is on the list. Nicer time of year too.
ha ha This years HP was in mid June, 8 C and heavy rain ! nice time of year right enough.

Pedal pusher

Veteran
We have a few on our doorstep, we have the dunfermline one, the kinross one and there was one in stirling in august, also the capital to capital ride looks fun

I just done my first sportive in august, i`ve only had my road bike since the first week in may and i`ve only been cycling for 1 year....once you do one you will be crying to do more, my first one was the st andrews sportive, this is the one i done

http://app.strava.com/rides/19771048
Thanks Tug I'm like you riding for a year road bike since March. Maybe time to do one of-course me thinking about it and its full !!!

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Signed up for the Tour of The Borders, only doing the shorter route as its my first Sportive, (unless any come up before it) see how i get on with it all, hopefully all the winter training will have paid off! ^_^

time to start another thread me thinks^_^

ACS

Legendary Member
I'm out on the black route for the third year. Not confident about it this year, what with the weather and having had a really bad chest infection over the last two weeks I have real doubts about my fitness. Riding with my mate Stu we are planning on an early start - late finish; anything under 7 hours will be a real bonus.

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

Black Route for me. Did it in 2011, missed it last year. Going to recce the course from Newburgh to Saline on Thurs afternoon..... Hoping the organisers get riders out promptly...like ACS, I'm looking for early start .....

edindave

Über Member
I'm out on the black route for the third year. Not confident about it this year, what with the weather and having had a really bad chest infection over the last two weeks I have real doubts about my fitness. Riding with my mate Stu we are planning on an early start - late finish; anything under 7 hours will be a real bonus.

I think a lot of entrants are in the same boat as far as preparation / training being scuppered by the weather.

It'll be my first time doing the black, so a lot of new roads/climbs for me - really looking forward to the route.

Top Bottom