Sportive Kinross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ha, ha. Don't blame you. I was born and brought up in Dunning but have still to venture up these climbs yet. I hope to give the Dunning glen and back down Glendevon a bash this summer though.
Ah just speed bumps. ;)
Take the dunning common in the big ring yeh? :laugh:

Well enjoyed today immensely!! Tough ride but was inside my comfort zone (at our selected pace) until the last 10 miles, where i tried to bridge the gap to a breakaway club member. Finished 16 seconds behind the swine!! I could see him but i had just TT'd 10 miles to catch him and it was into a brutal headwind. Legs are a wee bit tender.

Official time: 5 hours 1 minute 42 seconds.

Managed a KOM and a few podiums but there are plenty still to upload so probably not keep them. Took it easy on the climbs as they were all new to me and didn't want to bonk early.

edindave

Über Member
Well done Pedro, tremendous effort. :thumbsup:

My Garmin fell off the bike a couple of hundred metres into the timed Dunning Glen climb :sad: and the tcx file appears to be corrupt, so I need to figure out how to recover it. The data seems to be there - obviously just a bit mangled!

Had a great day as well and rode with a buddy from work. Garmin summary info is all the stats I have at the moment - 05:58:05. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

Well done lads...good times.....I took a tumble at Glenfarg....bike is ok, but my knee is the size of a balloon....afraid a very poor 6.49.00 according to my odometer, but official time will be much more than that....good weather, good organisation, but darn those potholes....:sad:

ACS

Legendary Member
It was my own fault. I had a real sufferfest today, grovelled up every hill from the Wick's of Baggie onwards, got the nutrition and hydration all wrong and I was slightly under dressed. Attempting 87miles with 6000 feet + climbing having been way laid by a chest infection for the past 2 weeks was not clever, not clever at all. Finished it but there is chance I was the last man on the road. If I'm under 8 hours for the course it will be a miracle. Set this one aside I think.

It was my own fault. I had a real sufferfest today, grovelled up every hill from the Wick's of Baggie onwards, got the nutrition and hydration all wrong and I was slightly under dressed. Attempting 87miles with 6000 feet + climbing having been way laid by a chest infection for the past 2 weeks was not clever, not clever at all. Finished it but there is chance I was the last man on the road. If I'm under 8 hours for the course it will be a miracle. Set this one aside I think.
Completing in that condition though mate is just as impressive as any of the times posted on here!!

Well done lads...good times.....I took a tumble at Glenfarg....bike is ok, but my knee is the size of a balloon....afraid a very poor 6.49.00 according to my odometer, but official time will be much more than that....good weather, good organisation, but darn those potholes....:sad:
Hope your knee is okay pal. Yeh the road conditions were pretty bad at points, and i like to descend fast. A few hairy moments!! :eek:
So, so much fun though. Well maybe not the climbs.

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

Hope your knee is okay pal. Yeh the road conditions were pretty bad at points, and i like to descend fast. A few hairy moments!! :eek:
So, so much fun though. Well maybe not the climbs.
Cheers Pedro. No way I was quitting or switching to Red.

Hahahaha....aye, I think you passed me going downhill on Lomond....are you with a 'Fair City' team? :smile:

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

You did it, mate...that's all that matters....well done....

Reactions: ACS
Top Bottom