Sportive Kinross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
that's an awesome ride pedro - average 17+mph up hill and down dale?! top stuff indeed. i am now very aware of just how much i've got to improve in strength and fitness before i attempt one of these! i struggle with 600 ft of elevation change at times :huh:
It was worth it. The boy done great. :thumbsup:
Thanks guys. Happy with the result.
Had a club mate that kept pulling me back in the first 40 miles as he advised saving it ALL for the remaining half of the route. Was itching to go but boy was he right. The end is just climb after climb after climb.

Actually looking forward to the Etape now. Bring out my quick bike! :crazy:

Waspie

Über Member
Went out for a recovery ride this morning. Only 16 miles and spinning as my legs are tender. Hopefully loosen me up a bit.

Here is the Garmin link for any stat geeks interested in the Kinross sportive - or anyone who wants to know the black route or hasn't ridden it. :thumbsup:

That's some average speed for a route like that.

Photos are up http://www.cyclesportphotos.com/section483233.html

Ended up on an 88 mile solo mission as I was an hour late meeting folk due to sleeping in. Thoroughly enjoyed my day anyway, until my legs went on the wee back road to Saline. Knock hill, Cleish and the last few miles into the headwind were murder.

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

Have just sent the organisers a cheque for £500 to wipe my result from the record..... :sad: Shocking! Certainly a toughie for the first of my season.... Have a 200km Audax this Sunday which will be easier than Kinross...

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

Yip... My strategy is to lassoo my bib-shorts to a passing tractor at Glenshee, and get a tow back to Glenisla..... Is that what Brailsford meant when he was talking about marginal gains???

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

No with COG Velo. Green and white tops. Fair city were behind me for a long time though and that included a few descents. I spent 20 minutes on the front and not one of them took a turn, ha. Swines. I was cracking on though. Some of the descents were spectacular. Some were a bit iffy. Then there was the ones where the potholes and gravel were the good surface. :dry:
Typical Perth lads.......:laugh:
Cool COG jerseys...saw a few of you guys on the road.....

Have just sent the organisers a cheque for £500 to wipe my result from the record..... :sad: Shocking! Certainly a toughie for the first of my season.... Have a 200km Audax this Sunday which will be easier than Kinross...
A resut is still a result, well done for completing it :bravo:

OP
OP
Angus444

Angus444

Pretty sure it was the constant climbing then descending. My body didn't know wether it was going up or down.
The sunburn i simply cannot explain.
The sunburn came about because you were finished and on the beach when some of us were still hauling our carcasses up Dunning Common...... :laugh: Chapeau, my man! Good stats! :smile:

Typical Perth lads.......:laugh:
Cool COG jerseys...saw a few of you guys on the road.....
It doesn't get much harder than that! Certainly not at this time of year. Fancy the Bealach? :evil:

Yeh the COG massive were about 12 strong but after 20-25miles we split in two quite unsurprisingly. Then at Dunning common we split again. Can't be hanging about for stragglers!! :whistle:

That's some average speed for a route like that.

Photos are up http://www.cyclesportphotos.com/section483233.html

Ended up on an 88 mile solo mission as I was an hour late meeting folk due to sleeping in. Thoroughly enjoyed my day anyway, until my legs went on the wee back road to Saline. Knock hill, Cleish and the last few miles into the headwind were murder.
That's where i went off to bridge over to our leading rider. It was bloody nasty! Didn't seem all that windy then BANG, straight into a gale. With a mile to go i could see him 20-30ft in front of me but all i could do was watch as my legs gave up the chase. They will pay for that with some hard interval training this week!! Cut of my nose...............

Cheers for the link, and doing that route solo is pretty good going. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom