Sportive St Andrews - 26th August 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
Havent heard of it before but looks quite good

Guys thanks for the positive response ! Yes the event is in it's 1'st year.

I agonised over the routes, cycled further than ever before, especially for the 45 miler to make it as enjoyable as possible for new riders

Main beneficiaries are every body who comes to Ride! Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland & getting a cycling club together for the local kids.
So far the response has been superb, I've also stepped in to help another couple of charities & I also have a couple of Servicemen on handbikes coming to do the 80 miler!
Please spread the love ^_^ & hopefully the event will get filled up & be a fixture for many, many years to come.

The Police have been fantastic with help & support so far

Offers of help from elsewhere within the biking community have been second to none, with some more things to get sorted out this week
But there will be a mechanic for sure at the Newburgh feedstation.
I have a prize of 1 week in a villa in Spain for simply entering the ride, donated by a friends villa holiday company.
& hopefully there will be other positive sportive announcements in the weeks ahead.

Oh & I've ordered sunshine on the 26'th !

News as I get it will generally be on twitter @SportiveStAs or the web site

Hope to see you there!

Ky

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
We`re going to be up at our caravan at clayton that week, i may just do this sportive, it will be my first so am a bit nervous about entering it..

Tug & Pedal Pusher,
Go for it!

You can ride at your own pace, I've a few friends who are doing the 45 mile route
One is using it as motivation to lose some weight and give up the fags.
The majority of the roads are quiet, none of the climbs on the 45m are too hard
& your feed station is about 1/2 way around the route, where you can stop grab a banana & use a loo

So whatya waiting for ?

Ky

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Thats it done, I`ve just signed up....

At what time do i get you choose the route i want to do? am hoping to do route 2

At registration Tug!
You'll get a pack/details entrant number by e-mail 2 weeks before the Sportive.
& you tell us on the day what route you are riding
We aim to get the 80 Milers in between 7.30 & 8.30 for registration then the 60 & 45 riders afterwards
Hopefully will be easier to get you all on your way, by staggering registration to route distances.
& we hopefully wont have 750 people waiting to ride off at the same time!
Thanks for the support

Ky

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Defo planning on entering, least i dont need to decide what route im doing till the day :laugh:

Done a 72 mile route a month ago or so up to newburgh and back over the falkland hills and back via glenfarg but i really struggled with that especially near the end but would love to give the 80 miler a go :wacko:

Hey Col

With the two feed stations placed where they are
  1. @ Newburgh Primary
  2. @ Hill of Tarvit
You can rest and refuel and chat to your fellow riders before tackling the bigger climbs Falkland way and then after coming up the Hill of Tarvit by Cupar.
Hopefully the camaraderie & joix de vie of the event will enable yo to pin that last 8 miles & conquer the 80!

redcard

Veteran
I know it's always at the owners risk, but will there be anywhere to leave a bag or spare clothes etc for those without their own transport?

Top Bottom