Sportives and cycling club in Suffolk?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And some names there that I recall from the sixties. I doubt that things have changed very much and I feel sure you will get a great welcome. Try on of the evening rides. We used to go out to a pub and come back in the dark. There were not the potholes in those days, but at least the lights work today!

mattobrien

Guru
I did have a look at Suffolk CTC, is there any level you need to be before attending?

Luke
Beard and sandals as a bare minimum :whistle:

F70100

Who, me ?
I did have a look at Suffolk CTC, is there any level you need to be before attending?

Luke

Ipswich run rides to cater for differing abilities from beginners onwards:

E (Easy) Leisurely rides suited to newcomers and those preferring a gentle non-exerting pace. Up to 50 miles for the full day. Typical speed, hills and head winds excepted = 10 – 12 mph.

MT (Medium Touring) Suited to club members with some experience preferring a longer ride but at a leisurely pace. 50 – 70 miles for the full day, depending on the time of year. 11 – 13 mph average.

MP (Medium Plus) Suited to regular club riders preferring a slightly brisker pace in order to cover longer than MT rides. 50 – 70 miles, for the full day. Typical speed, hills and head winds excepted = 12 – 15mph.

L (Long) Suited to regular club riders wishing to tour further from Ipswich and at a consistent pace. 70 – 100 miles for the full day. Typical speed, hills and head winds excepted = 15 – 18 mph.

Mike!

Guru
I've not logged in here for a while mainly due to injury and frustration with not being able to ride, i sure as hell want to get out on some social rides but my wrist says no :-( One thing after another for me over the past two or three years and it's pi**ing me off!

maviczap

Also on Strava there is Felixstowe and District Cycle Club who ride out on Wednesday evenings at 18:30 from Trimley St Martin, I have yet to ride out with them as their pace is "on the fast side usually averaging 20"....

Yes, most of their rides are too fast, but they are trying to run a slower group. Depends on who turns up

Don't forget the Wolsey cycling Club, that's where a lot of the CTC lot are & it had a good social side when I was a member

Reactions: 4F
Top Bottom