Sports Bras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know sports bras are just as personal as shorts and saddles for us ladies, but irritatingly, the bras I really like and find super comfy are are no longer made / stocked and I'm struggling to find something similar. :cry: Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places... :scratch:

What I'm looking for:

1) simple racer back
2) Come in reasonably sane colours as I tend to wear mine day to day as well, not just for cycling.
3) Needs to be a proper bra, not just a crop top
4) No padding, wires or zip-up front

Marks & Sparks and John Lewis are the obvious places, I suppose. Decathlon don't really have what I'm looking for. Who else has a decent range of sports bras that I can walk into a shop and try on?

I'm a 34B when it comes to size.

Any ideas, ladies?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ah, @Reynard, when you find the perfect one let me know!
I had some very comfy ones from Aldi, but trying to buy the same one there is a hit and miss, as the range changes.
So do my breasts, btw, as I tend to put on weight, then lose it, than put it on again.
Have you tried Debenhams?

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Debenhams hadn't crossed my mind @Pat "5mph" - there's one in the Grafton Centre in Cambridge... :blush:

The ones I have are from Matalan, so again, not uber spendy. But they changed the style of their medium impact bras, going from a racer back to standard straps and I can't be doing with constantly hoiking straps back into place... :cry:

I got used to racer back bras back in the days when I fenced - by the time you've got t-shirt, plastron, jacket and lame jacket on, it's a bit difficult to do any adjustments :laugh:

Julia9054

Guru
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/classic-sports-bra-black-id_8341809.html
I have a stash of these. They have a little clip on the ring at the back so they can be made racer back. I particularly like the price - some sports bras can be eye poppingly expensive. Cycling is fairly low impact and my breasts are small so i don't need vast amounts of engineering, fortunately .
I also hate zips and padding and find the ones you pull over your head difficult due to reduced mobility in one shoulder.

Katherine

Guru
I got mine from M and S. Lots of styles to try.
Though I don't really have any problems cycling but I do wear one for the spin bike or attempting to jog!

Julia9054

Guru
I got mine from M and S. Lots of styles to try.
Though I don't really have any problems cycling but I do wear one for the spin bike or attempting to jog!
I can never find anything in M&S. They assume if you are small that either you are a teenager and 2 little triangles will do or that you are unhappy with your size and require huge amounts of padding.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I can never find anything in M&S. They assume if you are small that either you are a teenager and 2 little triangles will do or that you are unhappy with your size and require huge amounts of padding.
True this.
I hate padding myself, being well padded anyway :whistle:
Our M&S sometimes has bras that are comfy for me.
Thing is, if you get measured there, the result size won't work in another shop.
Imo, it's worth spending a bit more on a bra that you find comfortable, buy a few so you don't have to search for a couple of years.
But, of course, you must stay the same size during that time: it never works for me :laugh:

Top Bottom