Sports not-so-Direct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
Earlier in the week I placed orders for various items of cycle clothing from 5 different places (Wiggle, Chain Reaction, Merlin Cycles and eBay were the other 4). I've received all of them except the Sports Direct order. Given that the other 4 orders were free delivery and Sports Direct charged me £3.99 (something that I didn't notice until after I'd paid) I'm not impressed.
I realise it's only been 4 days but surely my £3.99 should get me some sort of service?
OK rant over, I'm going to calm down now and eat my free bag of Haribo that I got in my Wiggle order :smile:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Earlier in the week I placed orders for various items of cycle clothing from 5 different places (Wiggle, Chain Reaction, Merlin Cycles and eBay were the other 4). I've received all of them except the Sports Direct order. Given that the other 4 orders were free delivery and Sports Direct charged me £3.99 (something that I didn't notice until after I'd paid) I'm not impressed.
I realise it's only been 4 days but surely my £3.99 should get me some sort of service?

That's not great service is it, I'd have to have a stern word with them I were you.

OK rant over, I'm going to calm down now and eat my free bag of Haribo that I got in my Wiggle order :smile:

You are living the dream you ain't ya?

What part of Oxfordcestershiry are you in?

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Hi Carl, I'm in Benson.

To be honest I wouldn't mind that much but I hate it when you get this sort of stealth- delivery charge added at the last step of your order. Either that or the company does do free delivery but you have to remember to select it or it defaults to £5 for first class tracked.

postman

Legendary Member
Our phones came last night around 19-25,they had a Yodel sticker on them,a person with a very marked european accent in his own car.But at least we got them and inside the time promised
Which was between 07-00 and 21-00.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19910561
I wonder if the ninja delivery charge will be covered in this. Wiggle and Amazon iirc both offer free delivery but by default put you on the "special" one.

Sports Direct have always charged and delivery has never been particularly good. They do often give you a huge free mug though which is awesome for massive cups of tea :smile:

Typhon

I had an absolutely dreadful experience with ordering something from Sports Direct once. I'll never buy anything from them again.

Wiggle are fantastic though. I always choose the free delivery and yet what I've ordered turns up two days later with free sweets!

subaqua

What’s the point
I know Benson, that's where I got my dog from. I'm in Bicester.

not the Benson of deer chasing fame :smile:

back to SD. wifey ordered some swimming cossies from them via amazon- arrived next day and had a mahoosive mug which has become my night time cup of tea mug

And why did you get a bag of Haribo, may I ask? I bought a HH Lifa baselayer and a pair of thermo-tights from Wiggle and I got nothing!!! :cursing:

Top Bottom