Sports people who never fulfilled their

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ThinAir

Do more.
Graeme Hick, Never repeated his county form in the test arena despite having hit 405 not out in a county match
Michael Owen (due to far too many injuries) After he scored the goal against Argentina in the world cup, my Brazilian in laws all thought he would be one of the greatest players the world had seen and it never quite happened.
Dare I say Wayne Rooney. He has never quite played to what people have considered his potential could be despite some flashes of brilliance.

To follow on from this Andy Carroll? Worth the enormous transfer fee? Nope.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
David Rocastle seemed to go off the boil once he hit his twenties.
Stewart Robson was talked about as being Bryan Robson's successor when he was a youngster.
Jonathon Woodgate was injured too much.
Even Joe Cole has disappointed slightly. He was talked about as the next great thing in his teens.
Elliot Bunney was a junior European champion at 100m. He had a PB of 10.20 in the mid 80s, but I think he gave up athletics to study medicine.
Wasn't there a 400m sprinter who looked like Morrisey. Whatever happened to him?
Mike Tyson was never the same again after his manager d'Amato died.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
David Rocastle seemed to go off the boil once he hit his twenties.
Stewart Robson was talked about as being Bryan Robson's successor when he was a youngster.
Jonathon Woodgate was injured too much.
Even Joe Cole has disappointed slightly. He was talked about as the next great thing in his teens.
Elliot Bunney was a junior European champion at 100m. He had a PB of 10.20 in the mid 80s, but I think he gave up athletics to study medicine.
Wasn't there a 400m sprinter who looked like Morrisey. Whatever happened to him?
Mike Tyson was never the same again after his manager d'Amato died.

He kept starting but couldn't finish.

Peteaud

Veteran
Fred Jones from Chard FC

AndyRM

XOXO
I'll be speculative and chuck Dean Shiels into the mix.

A phenomenal player for Kilmarnock who chose wages over wisdom by slumming it with 'The Rangers'.

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
Stirling Moss, who could drive anything with 4 wheels attached faster than just about anyone else around, including Fangio.

Top Bottom