Sports which do not use the knees?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Well, I do swimming, but that is pretty boring....any other sports which do not use the knees? (off the bike and running for ages so want to take something else up)

potsy

Rambler
darts?:smile:

jimboalee

potsy said:

You'd be surprised.

Forever standing up and sitting down. Walking to the bar and trotting to the loo.
Squating down to pick up that dart which bounced off the wire right above the treble twenty.

I was going to say dominos.

Matthames

Über Member
Sailing doesn't impact on the knees that much. However, it does work out your core muscles. Hiking flat out on a beat you will quickly develop a nice six pack.

On the watersports theme, kayaking is also a good sport that doesn't use the knees also.

PS. Powerkiting is also great fun and gives you plenty of exercise :smile:

montage said:
Well, I do swimming, but that is pretty boring....

Sorry to hear of your injury, Monty! ;)

Hmm, you're struggling to find anything, really, that doesn't require a movement/turn/bend on your leg!

As a sport per se, IMO, is boring, but as a means of exercise for overall fitness, I think it is up there with the best: cycling, cross-country skiing, long-distance walking etc.

Have you considered aqua aerobics? Aerobics in water, aimed at people with various injuries, by avoiding putting weight on damaged joints!

Tharg2007

Veteran
arm wrestling ?
you could be like that german bloke with one massive arm

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
potsy said:

jimboalee said:
You'd be surprised.
I wouldn't! I think I damaged my right knee playing darts in my late teens when I was unemployed. I spent months playing for about 8-10 hours a day and I ended up with a very sore knee which has been aching off and on ever since. I used to lean forward quite hard on my leading leg and it's not exactly a natural posture!

darkstar

Well for fitness i suppose rowing is the best i can think of, then even if the slight use of knees is too much, then as someone else mentioned, kayaking:smile:

Top Bottom