Spot the difference - Vaude Panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I suspect that they are out of stock due to a sudden rush of orders caused by this thread :laugh:

My were ordered a couple of weeks ago by my wife as a present for me, but as she gave the delivery address as her work place and she left for a project meeting in Switzerland this morning, I know I won't get to see them until next week :smile:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I'm very tempted. I'd prefer panniers with pockets but don't know whether I can justify replacing my rear Alturas:wacko:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
HJ said:
Well you could just get the ordinary Aqua Back without the pocket, then Helen, and there is also the matching Aqua Front if you want the full touring rig.

No, it's the pockets I want! My Alturas don't have them but are perfectly fine otherwise so it seems a waste to replace them.

Crankarm

Guru
HJ said:
I suspect that they are out of stock due to a sudden rush of orders caused by this thread :wacko:

My were ordered a couple of weeks ago by my wife as a present for me, but as she gave the delivery address as her work place and she left for a project meeting in Switzerland this morning, I know I won't get to see them until next week :smile:

No, Amazon became o.o.s of Aqua fronts and bar bag since start of december '09 as I bought the last ones at £50 and £50.43. It said 1 item remaining then o.o.s next restock date unavailable when I had bought them. Did I already say that in previous post? I couldn't have completed the transaction any quicker even if my life had depended on it I was that keen to get them at that price and free delivery.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
HJ said:
I suspect that they are out of stock due to a sudden rush of orders caused by this thread :wacko:

Well 6 weeks on, I am still waiting for delivery... ;)

Crankarm

Guru
HJ said:
Well 6 weeks on, I am still waiting for delivery... :wacko:

I would give who ever a call or drop them an email. It was Amazon you ordered them from? They are pretty good IME and would give you a refund without question.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Crankarm said:
I would give who ever a call or drop them an email. It was Amazon you ordered them from? They are pretty good IME and would give you a refund without question.

Even better - until the order has dispatched, you can cancel at any time via their website, so no request for a refund is needed. :thumbsup:
The item in question would be a pretty good deal :smile:, so it may be worth hanging on for a while yet (unless there is an urgent need to get it sooner).

T

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Crankarm said:
Glad my post wasn't a total waste of time :smile:.

The panniers with roll top side pockets are the version prior to the Aqua the WorldTramp series IIRC. Maybe they are selling off old stock as I think has been suggested, but I doubt it as I couldn't get them when I bought my zipped versions.

http://www.twowheelsgood.co.uk/index.php/product/bags/vaude-tw/WTP2BN-tw.html

TwoWheelsGood still have them on their site (above). When I bought my zipped Aqua Plus rears from them Oct 2008 I asked about them and was told they were the old model and NLA but 2WheelsGood still had to take them off their website. Over 1 year later they still have to do this.

Are you absolutely sure about that? The Amazon ones do look remarkable like the new 2010 Aqua Back Plus as shown on the Vaude website, it just unfortunate that Amazon still don't have then in stock :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Just to clear up this point once and for all, I have received the following e-mail from Vaude:

Thank you for your enquiry, forwarded to this office from Vaude Sport, Germany.

I can confirm that the 2010 version is a roll-top closure pocket, as per the main compartment. Some retailers may still have 2009 stock available, these being a zipped version.

Kind regards.

Crankarm

Guru
HJ said:
Just to clear up this point once and for all, I have received the following e-mail from Vaude:

Thank you for your enquiry, forwarded to this office from Vaude Sport, Germany.

I can confirm that the 2010 version is a roll-top closure pocket, as per the main compartment. Some retailers may still have 2009 stock available, these being a zipped version.

Kind regards.

Erm ........... there is no confusion. The response you received from Vaude doesn't seem to add anything. These rear Aqua Plus panniers are currenty available with either roll top or zipped side pockets according to their website which we knew anyway. About 2 weeks ago I received a replacement set of zipped side pockets Aqua Plus panniers from Vaude. So what do you make of that? They are currently on the main Vaude website, but only available in black.

http://www.vaude.com/epages/Vaude-d...ps/Vaude/Products/15134/SubProducts/151340100

It seems quite simple to me.

However the TwoWheelsGood offering is an old version of pannier as the picture hasn't changed since I bought mine from them 18 months ago.

Sorry to be blunt, but I just can't see why you are still confused.

FWIW I would only buy the zipped side pocket versions as having a roll top pocket would defeat the purpose of having a side pocket one could easily and quickly open and close IMO.

Crankarm

Guru
It was forecast to be chucking it down this evening so I took the replacement Vaude rear Aqua Pluses with zipped side pockets for their maiden outing. They were duly christened this evening. Not a drop of water entered the main bag or the side pockets. These ARE the best panniers on the market IMO.

Top Bottom