Spot the herecy...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
E

Euan Uzami

spandex said:
Well all the pro riders have there wheels balanced. As for pulling your leg no I am not I know some Nutters People that go out and race and when they get back home they clean there bikes, check it over then let out 80% of the air in the tyres and hang it up till next time!!!
:smile: if you honestly say they do then i believe you. there comes a point though when timing a ride to orient yourself with the gravitational pull of jupiters third moon would have more of an effect on your performance, no?
also would filling tyres with helium (or for the purist, hydrogen?) isntead of heavy old common or garden air not shave off far more weight than ditching the dust cap?

that said while i don't let 80% of the air out, i do clean my bikes after a ride and hang them up.

It is one of those things in cycling that some people think every little bit helps.

But one thing I would not do is use is Common / garden air it is bad for the rubber;)

gavintc

Guru
spandex said:
It is one of those things in cycling that some people think every little bit helps.

But one thing I would not do is use is Common / garden air it is bad for the rubber;)

Logic suggests that helium would be preferable, but only for shortish races.

Top Bottom