Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
PS. my HR....if you know of anyone looking for one. This one has an interesting family ownership before me , l bought it from Tom Dumoulin ^_^
View attachment 519377

That's a pretty bike and love the colour .

@BalkanExpress I didn't realize they stamped frame size on bottom bracket shell only seen that on Italian frames

[QUOTE="biggs682, post: 5979467, member:

@BalkanExpress I didn't realize they stamped frame size on bottom bracket shell only seen that on Italian frames
[/QUOT[/QUOTE]

SBDU frames have the frame size stamped on the Borrom bracket. I stand to be corrected but the measrement is C-T.

woodbutcher

Veteran
[QUOTE="biggs682, post: 5979467, member:

[/QUOT

SBDU frames have the frame size stamped on the Borrom bracket. I stand to be corrected but the measrement is C-T.
[/QUOTE]
Perhaps it's the angle the photograph was taken from but that frame looks so much larger than 52 especially if that is a c-t measure. Is it worth me contacting Cyril to check and maybe get one or two more photos ? The real problem would be going to see it , l am just over an hour away down the A20 but if l got stopped by the gendarmes l would have a hard time justifying my journey...the bike could end up rather expensive ^_^

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Perhaps it's the angle the photograph was taken from but that frame looks so much larger than 52 especially if that is a c-t measure. Is it worth me contacting Cyril to check and maybe get one or two more photos ? The real problem would be going to see it , l am just over an hour away down the A20 but if l got stopped by the gendarmes l would have a hard time justifying my journey...the bike could end up rather expensive ^_^
[/QUOTE]
Looking at the size of the headtube, I would say it's more like a 54/55, I may be wrong of course.

woodbutcher

Veteran
[/QUOTE]
I read somewhere that SBDU frames with Cinelli bottom brackets have the frame size on them !

I read somewhere that SBDU frames with Cinelli bottom brackets have the frame size on them !
[/QUOTE]

Yes, non- cinelli ones have it as well. I have asked the seller to measure and will let you in fact everyone know. . Having mentioned SBDU i do not think it is one, The chainstay bridge in particular looks wrong. I wil post for others to see. It may be one of those French built Raleigh’s or mat be something else entirely and respirated and badged.

@midlife may have an idea, if not he knows a man who will..

1588507167433.jpeg

woodbutcher

Veteran
@woodbutcher Now down to €80.:eek:

At that money worth having a look, I think your current fork will fit, respray, transfer the groupset and you have your Z replica:okay:
@woodbutcher Now down to €80.:eek:

At that money worth having a look, I think your current fork will fit, respray, transfer the groupset and you have your Z replica:okay:
Looks like a bit of a bargain , l will message the seller ....thanks for the heads - up !

Top Bottom