Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran

Any of the Dyna tech titanium frames i remember had a very broad down tube and are highly sought after? if its a full titanium framed non bonded Dyna tech with a modern ultegra group set then perhaps wwwworth near the asking price?
Only thing i remember about the solid framed early raleighs where how much flex there was in the frames due to the poor quality of the titanium used, perhaps its an early version before they used a larger down tube?

I thought Dynatech were Raleigh's take on bonded frames?

No, I think they used the brand to sell a variety of "hi tec, cutting edge" bikes. I DID have a TI-bonded "Dynatech": the tubing was v similar diameters to '80s steel frames (IMO). It did have some flex, my newer Ti Airborne has less - but i think has fatter tubes!
Also note the bonded ones had steel rear triangle. (Perhaps that's why they painted them?)

n.b. I'm no expert on the things, my Dad got the bike for me from a friend, I couldn't even say what they sold for!

It was an excellent ride. Did my first PBP on it, and many other happy miles together ...

GuyBoden

Guru
No, I think they used the brand to sell a variety of "hi tec, cutting edge" bikes. I DID have a TI-bonded "Dynatech": the tubing was v similar diameters to '80s steel frames (IMO). It did have some flex, my newer Ti Airborne has less - but i think has fatter tubes!
Also note the bonded ones had steel rear triangle. (Perhaps that's why they painted them?)

n.b. I'm no expert on the things, my Dad got the bike for me from a friend, I couldn't even say what they sold for!

It was an excellent ride. Did my first PBP on it, and many other happy miles together ...

Any of the Dyna tech titanium frames i remember had a very broad down tube and are highly sought after? if its a full titanium framed non bonded Dyna tech with a modern ultegra group set then perhaps wwwworth near the asking price?
Only thing i remember about the solid framed early raleighs where how much flex there was in the frames due to the poor quality of the titanium used, perhaps its an early version before they used a larger down tube?
1997 Cat
%2Fee204%2Fmacleodaj%2FRSP%2520Brochure%2Fbrsp0002.jpg

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Some more from FB muppetplace:

A lovely looking Raleigh Superbe, Crewe, £100 - ladies model but tbh if riding an old town bike you've already lost all respect from the cool kids so perfectly acceptable for everyone IMO!

309048232_7996192983788286_1095630874524169457_n.jpg

Raleigh Randonneur, small frame, Brackley, £375 - Too much money and missing the original Brooks saddle / brown bar tape, however looks otherwise pretty original and in good nick. It's been on there since the dawn of time and were it a decent fit I'd be tempted to chuck them a low-ball offer..

290304569_5388201927907898_4562872661794952565_n.jpg

Nigel Dean 22" Tour Ace, Romsey, £175 - not familiar with the brand / builder but it looks really nice for what it is. Could probably do with a new saddle and bar tape mind.

308334577_5453865624668390_7383604525093630805_n.jpg

:smile:

FrothNinja

Veteran

A lovely looking Raleigh Superbe, Crewe, £100 - ladies model but tbh if riding an old town bike you've already lost all respect from the cool kids so perfectly acceptable for everyone IMO!

View attachment 664167

Raleigh Randonneur, small frame, Brackley, £375 - Too much money and missing the original Brooks saddle / brown bar tape, however looks otherwise pretty original and in good nick. It's been on there since the dawn of time and were it a decent fit I'd be tempted to chuck them a low-ball offer..

View attachment 664168

Nigel Dean 22" Tour Ace, Romsey, £175 - not familiar with the brand / builder but it looks really nice for what it is. Could probably do with a new saddle and bar tape mind.

View attachment 664182

Tubular foam on the Dean's bars - I've still got it on my Centurion. 30 years old and still works though it is about ready to be replaced. Always found it really comfortable compared to tape

Jameshow

Veteran

View attachment 664167

View attachment 664168

View attachment 664182

Could do with a new saddle!

You bet!!

Nice bike though....

midlife

Guru

View attachment 664167

View attachment 664168

View attachment 664182

Nigel Dean. Ex pro rider, moved into the bike game. Did race frames as, well as tourers but his touring frames stuck a chord and are well regarded.

Top Bottom