• Rob Ainsley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Victoria Pendleton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bradley Wiggins

Votes: 30 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Non of the above. It has to be Mr Wiggins :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
I have missed out Bradley Wiggins as I hit the return key too early by mistake and the flippin site won't now let me edit the poll options. Bugger. Oh well.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Non of the above. It has to be Mr Wiggins :thumbsup:

Yeah I would have said Wiggo too but for his side burns and the fact he made those rather misjudged comments about cycling helmets after he won the TT. Talk about alienating your fans.

For me it is either Mo or Sir Chris Hoy, or Cav but then I feel I should be casting my vote for Jess. Such a dilemma .............. Have I missed any other contenders?

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
According to wiki its meant to be the person who achieved most in the year, so I guess Wiggins is the obvious choice although not in the poll, but Farah and Ennis have both done amazingly, especially if Farah does well tomorrow.

Hoy and Cav have had it before, Pendleton didnt achieve as much as she should have IMHO and although Murrays win was awesome, but hard to forget he didnt win wimbledon. Its an incredibly difficult call this year.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I know what you mean. However winning the TDF is to date unique for a Brit. Not taking anything away from the others achievements which are superb but The TDF and such a dominant display to win the TT Gold swings it for me.^_^

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Yeah I would have said Wiggo too but for his side burns and the fact he made those rather misjudged comments about cycling helmets after he won the TT. Talk about alienating your fans.
Eh?

He could be a devil worshipping mass murderer with six wives for all I care, the guy is the first British rider to win the TdF after 109 years and that trumps everything.

geo

I honestly dont think its a tricky call at all. Despite the achievements of our Olympic athletes nobody even comes close to Bradley Wiggins IMO. On top of Olympic gold he won the TDF for Britain for the first time, as I say its all about opinions but I think its one of the easiest years to pick SPOTY

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I know what you mean. However winning the TDF is to date unique for a Brit. Not taking anything away from the others achievements which are superb but The TDF and such a dominant display to win the TT Gold swings it for me.^_^
Farah's win in the 10k is also unique for a Brit i believe and if he also wins the highly competitive 5k tomorrow itll be a huge achievement too... really is a tough decision :smile: I voted Wiggins on this, but apparently SPOTY is a phone vote, so it'll be more upto who the media get behind I guess.

This year I think there can be only one ...

Wiggo.jpg

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
No Alistair Brownlee then? Or Chrissie Wellington? Britain has the two of the most dominant triathletes ever. I still think Wiggins should get it, if it was decided on any sensible basis, but come on, cyclists always moan about how no-one in the wider public takes cycling seriously, yet too many of us don't take tri seriously...

Top Bottom