SPOTY

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Crankarm, 8 Aug 2012.

?

Who should win SPOTY?

Poll closed 15 Aug 2012.
  1. Jessica Ennis

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Mo Farrah

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Chris Hoy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Andy Murray

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Mark Cavendish

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Rob Ainsley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Victoria Pendleton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bradley Wiggins

30 vote(s)
    73.2%
  1. Crankarm

Crankarm Guru

A tricky call this year ............

2. Hacienda71

Hacienda71 Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

Non of the above. It has to be Mr Wiggins :thumbsup:

3. OP
    OP
    Crankarm

Crankarm Guru

I have missed out Bradley Wiggins as I hit the return key too early by mistake and the flippin site won't now let me edit the poll options. Bugger. Oh well.

4. OP
    OP
    Crankarm

Crankarm Guru

Yeah I know. The flippin site won't let me add Wiggins' name.

5. Scoosh

Scoosh Velocouchiste Moderator

Wiggins added.

6. OP
    OP
    Crankarm

Crankarm Guru

Yeah I would have said Wiggo too but for his side burns and the fact he made those rather misjudged comments about cycling helmets after he won the TT. Talk about alienating your fans.

For me it is either Mo or Sir Chris Hoy, or Cav but then I feel I should be casting my vote for Jess. Such a dilemma .............. Have I missed any other contenders?

7. OP
    OP
    Crankarm

Crankarm Guru

Many thanks Scoosh.

8. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

According to wiki its meant to be the person who achieved most in the year, so I guess Wiggins is the obvious choice although not in the poll, but Farah and Ennis have both done amazingly, especially if Farah does well tomorrow.

Hoy and Cav have had it before, Pendleton didnt achieve as much as she should have IMHO and although Murrays win was awesome, but hard to forget he didnt win wimbledon. Its an incredibly difficult call this year.

9. Hacienda71

Hacienda71 Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

I know what you mean. However winning the TDF is to date unique for a Brit. Not taking anything away from the others achievements which are superb but The TDF and such a dominant display to win the TT Gold swings it for me.^_^

10. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Eh?

He could be a devil worshipping mass murderer with six wives for all I care, the guy is the first British rider to win the TdF after 109 years and that trumps everything.

11. geo

geo Well-Known Member

I honestly dont think its a tricky call at all. Despite the achievements of our Olympic athletes nobody even comes close to Bradley Wiggins IMO. On top of Olympic gold he won the TDF for Britain for the first time, as I say its all about opinions but I think its one of the easiest years to pick SPOTY

12. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

Farah's win in the 10k is also unique for a Brit i believe and if he also wins the highly competitive 5k tomorrow itll be a huge achievement too... really is a tough decision :smile: I voted Wiggins on this, but apparently SPOTY is a phone vote, so it'll be more upto who the media get behind I guess.

13. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Wiggins, though it is a tough call between him, Ennis & Hoy

14. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Guru

This year I think there can be only one ...

Wiggo.jpg

Herr-B likes this.
  15. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

No Alistair Brownlee then? Or Chrissie Wellington? Britain has the two of the most dominant triathletes ever. I still think Wiggins should get it, if it was decided on any sensible basis, but come on, cyclists always moan about how no-one in the wider public takes cycling seriously, yet too many of us don't take tri seriously...

Mad Doug Biker and User17224 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice