• Rob Ainsley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Victoria Pendleton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bradley Wiggins

Votes: 30 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Oh dear, Mo's just thrown it wide open..... except in here that is !

:boxing:

Although having won two long distance gold medals now, the same sort of 'above' SPOTY probably applies to Mo now too that it does to Wiggins.

lukesdad

Really ? I think you might be surprised . There's nothing like an awards ceremony, anybody who thinks otherwise probably hasn't been involved in one.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Really ? I think you might be surprised . There's nothing like an awards ceremony, anybody who thinks otherwise probably hasn't been involved in one.

I see. We're back to 'what are awards for' again are we that you so misunderstood and got cross about last time? People have written plenty about SPOTY in the past.

And love of awards ceremonies isn't a universal human trait, or even one shared by people 'involved' in ones as you put it. You've just not met enough people with differing values to yourself, that's all.

Herr-B

Jess should win rear of the year, and Wiggo for SPOTY after his fantastic post race interview comments and his tweet re Piers Morgan -proving he has a personality.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

lukesdad

I see. We're back to 'what are awards for' again are we that you so misunderstood and got cross about last time? People have written plenty about SPOTY in the past.

And love of awards ceremonies isn't a universal human trait, or even one shared by people 'involved' in ones as you put it. You've just not met enough people with differing values to yourself, that's all.
:laugh:.... as I said earlier

Saddle bum

Über Member
The Beeb will push for Mo.

Ennis has the advantage of NOT having ginger sideburns.

Another cyclist as SPOTY will not suit the BBCs agenda.

Jess should win rear of the year, and Wiggo for SPOTY after his fantastic post race interview comments and his tweet re Piers Morgan -proving he has a personality.
Not him. It was a fake Tweet by someone else.

I know it's just the default setting, but really, do I need to know this? Do I give a toss? Am I about to rush out and buy this magic thing that likes talking about itself? No, to all the above.

Hont

Guru
In Paris, in August, one can breathe.

...in the odour of piss without car fumes getting in the way.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Rory Mcilroy is another posibility. He is world no. 1 and a double major winner. He'll get the golf block vote. Last year there were 3 golfers in the top 10 which split the golf fans vote.

2012 is a bumper year with so many worthy candidates. The year Zara Phillips won must have been a bit slow on the sporting achievement front.

iLB

Hello there
No Alistair Brownlee then? Or Chrissie Wellington? Britain has the two of the most dominant triathletes ever. I still think Wiggins should get it, if it was decided on any sensible basis, but come on, cyclists always moan about how no-one in the wider public takes cycling seriously, yet too many of us don't take tri seriously...

I think triathlon is ruined by the lack of drafting rules, it seems to be reduced to a 10k run in effect. so why take it seriously? And the Brownlees wore awful helmets at the limpics.

asterix

Comrade Member
...in the odour of piss without car fumes getting in the way.

I'll take your word for it (would that be the Hag and Stench brigade?). The quote was from the Beeb. The last time I went to Paris was after I decided to let the satnav decide my route. Despite one or two 'recalculatings' I was surprised how easy it was to go straight through without stopping, in fact it was only when I noticed the Tour d'Eiffel that I realised where I was!

Round here, Parisians (easily identified) are about as popular as, in Angleterre, southerners are in Barnsley.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

I know it's just the default setting, but really, do I need to know this? Do I give a toss? Am I about to rush out and buy this magic thing that likes talking about itself? No, to all the above.

I'm taking that as a maybe, you're definitely wavering.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from the iPhone I stole off a poncy twat parading with it like he'd invented the f*cker.

Hont

Guru
I'll take your word for it

I can vouch for it being very smelly around "les gares", where the homeless people tend to congregate.

But that's a bit OT. For SPOTY I think it's between Farah and Wiggins, unless Murray wins the US Open, then he might up his chances.

Top Bottom