• Rob Ainsley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Victoria Pendleton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bradley Wiggins

Votes: 30 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

I definitely think it should be Wiggins.

But it wouldn't surprise me if it were Ennis or Murray to be honest.

screenman

Legendary Member
Rob Ainsley
Rob Ainsley’s first bike was run over by a laundry van in 1968. Luckily he was in a cake shop at the time. His best bike, the one he cycled from Land’s End to John O’Groats and London to Athens on, was crushed by a lorry in 2001. Luckily he was in a pub at the time. His next favourite bike was stolen from outside a curry house in Twickenham in 2005. Unfortunately he was in the middle of a jalfrezi and didn’t notice. He dislikes his current bike and has spent hours in cake shops, pubs and curry houses, but to no avail.
Rob once visited all the places in the world called Bath, and its twins, most by bike, which earned him an interview on Blue Peter in 2001; he received a prawn sandwich for this. He lives in London with his partner Rebecca, who also cycles everywhere, almost as slowly.

Not sure why you have included this guy!

Get In The Van

with our cycling glasses on, Wiggo without a doubt, however popular opinion will go with Jess Ennis, she is the face of British athletics and the olympics in GB, i take my cue from the Sat she won her gold, on the BBC news, all the gold medals were reported in the main news section APART from the cycling golds which were reported in the sports section later on.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
No Alistair Brownlee then? Or Chrissie Wellington? Britain has the two of the most dominant triathletes ever. I still think Wiggins should get it, if it was decided on any sensible basis, but come on, cyclists always moan about how no-one in the wider public takes cycling seriously, yet too many of us don't take tri seriously...

We'll have to see what the journalists/editors come up with.

Last year we went through this, no women got on the main shortlist, not because nobody nominated them, but because not enough did. Similarly the observer and Sport Magazine both nominated Chrissie Wellington.

My view is similar to Noodley's. As what Wiggins has done at the TDF and other races and the olympic TT is far more important than SPOTY and cycling has had fantastic coverage this year since the worlds and vuelta last year, I support someone else. Mo Farah or one of the triathletes is fine by me.

Then again what Alistair Brownlee has done is far more important than SPOTY, but you could do with the coverage.

Oh god, we go through this EVERY BLOODY YEAR. Famous Cyclist A does summat good. Everyone says Famous Cyclist A should win SPOTY. Someone else wins. Chippy cycling fans moan that we wuz robbed....

I. Do. Not. Give. A. Toss.

So there. :tongue:

Russell Allen

I don't actually care who gets it this year. The fact that we now have a British Tour De France winner and the best track team on the planet is FAR MORE IMPORTANT TO ME woooo hoooo
:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:
Russell

Noodley

if you do not care why bother typing, always seems a bit odd to me.

Because it's his opinion. And that's what people do on forums, express their opinion. Unless it's changed overnight when I was sleeping that is.

I don't care either, unless my mate gets nominated. Cos, as I said earlier, he's a right laugh.

asterix

Comrade Member
I have missed out Bradley Wiggins as I hit the return key too early by mistake and the flippin site won't now let me edit the poll options. Bugger. Oh well.

You missed out the first British Tour de France winner!!! On a CYCLING forum!!!

I don't beiiilleeevvve it! Classic.^_^

Having said that, I do think it is a pity the guy has to get mixed up in such media claptrap.

400bhp

Guru
WGAF

I think most of us here are from the era when SPOTY meant something, i.e. the winner was chosen by their peers, not by the mass populace by phone/text vote (actually about 300,000 phone/text votes according to last years poll-not really mass populace).

The current generation won't put SPOTY on the same pedestal, partially because of the above and partially because the BBC doesn't hold the same weight as it used to.

It all went wrong when Ryan Giggs won it.

gavintc

Guru
I think Jess Ennis, as most men would love to spend some time with her. But I agree that her success pales against Wiggins who should win it.

Top Bottom