Spraying bike with water

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I find Shimano water is superior to Campag water.
Only if it's properly diluted. As for drying, I have heard some of the pro teams use Nitrox 28 (compressed air with increased oxygen content to 28% from the standard 21%) to prevent the bike frames bending at altitude in the mountain stages.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I find if you leave the muck to accumulate it reaches a steady state between the rate of deposition (from the lanes) vs the rate it flakes off (in the dry) or washes off (in the rain).

If you really need a rag to dry your bike I'd advise not using rejected Y fronts from the chest of drawers at @Drago Towers :okay:

C R

Guru
No. I think it comes without oxygen. So it’s lighter than air when carried. Then you just add O2 from the air when it’s time to drink.
That's not achieved without risk, though, just ask Herr Hindemburgh. OTOH, it would make for a great emergency welding torch in the highly unlikely case that your metal bike fails ;).

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Pah - you lot have more money than sense. Buying water, wasting all that good new stuff on a bike - what's wrong with diving for what old water you can salvage from the bottom of a skip?

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom