Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I also have my eye on these.

View attachment 621802

'Hand made' in Whalley Lancs, about 4 miles from my home. I might have a drive there this aft to have a look at them in 'the flesh'.🧐

https://lanxshoes.com/products/task...jrSI4m1Nu2tKNOW4VEb_p2u9Q3bjlQmRoCg-MQAvD_BwE
I saw those in the flesh at an fair /event type thing and tried on a pair or two.. they were super quality.

I ended up buying a pair similar to these, mine don't have the inner zip, they are proper lace up only
https://londonbrogues.co.uk/collections/boots/products/gatsby-hi-boot-leather-tan-navy
1639479690515.png

as couldn't justify paying £200+ to bunch of Lancastrians :okay:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I saw those in the flesh at an fair /event type thing and tried on a pair or two.. they were super quality.

I ended up buying a pair similar to these, mine don't have the inner zip, they are proper lace up only
https://londonbrogues.co.uk/collections/boots/products/gatsby-hi-boot-leather-tan-navy
View attachment 621917
as couldn't justify paying £200+ to bunch of Lancastrians :okay:
I don't mind leather and 'material' shoes, but I find polishing them difficult. I had a pair once and found that no matter how I tried I got polish on the material bit. I even tried putting masking tape over the material, but it still got shoe polish on.🧐

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I don't mind leather and 'material' shoes, but I find polishing them difficult. I had a pair once and found that no matter how I tried I got polish on the material bit. I even tried putting masking tape over the material, but it still got shoe polish on.🧐
Neutral polish and a cloth, don't go near them with a brush, err on the side of caution near the cloth bits.:okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Well, I bought them. I'm now getting myself ready for a month's pain of breaking them in! :ohmy:
You might be pleasantly surprised. The best pair of shoes I ever bought, a pair of Churches brogues in their half price sale, i was expecting the same, yet I could wear them from day 1 with no issues. They are still going strong 25+ years later, albeit not on the original soles & heels!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The last pair of (winter) golf shoes I bought cost £120 and were comfy from day 1.
I say "winter" as I have trainer style for when its dry
My point being......if you are paying so much for dress shoes why should you expect to be in pain ?
I find the cheaper the shoes/boots the easier they are to wear from the start. Maybe it's because the cheaper 'leather' isn't as tough as the usual calf leather more expensive boots are made from. Shoes are easier than boots as boots cover my ankle bones which get most of the rubbing. I tend to wear/break in shoes/boots day on day off, then after a month or so they stop hurting. I can't find the pictures, but last year I took some of my ankles after a fortnight of breaking in some Loake boots. I had little holes in the skin covering my ankle bones and my ankle itself was black and blue and must've swollen by 30 to 40 percent. :ohmy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

I spent 20 minutes last night polishing the new shoes. I didn't use a brush as my shoe brushes have other shoe polishes on which if used would/could discolour the tan shade of the shoes. Instead I used an old pair of cotton sports socks to apply and buff the neutral polish. I didn't use tan polish as even that could've discoloured them.

1639662176161.png

1639662201144.png

1639662223540.png

1639662270168.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
This seem the appropriate thread to pop this on if Accy doesn't mind,

Having worn one on a NY eve, i'm quite tempted by a kilt

something like

1639663334630.png
1639663314424.png

worn with boots and big socks.
Just not sure I'm brave enough to carry it off. they are damn comfy though and I do have lovely legs ;)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This seem the appropriate thread to pop this on if Accy doesn't mind,

Having worn one on a NY eve, i'm quite tempted by a kilt

something like

View attachment 622428 View attachment 622427
worn with boots and big socks.
Just not sure I'm brave enough to carry it off. they are damn comfy though and I do have lovely legs ;)
I might be brave enough to wear plus fours, but I'm not too sure about a kilt.🤔 :okay: I like kilts and maybe I would wear one for a party or an event, but could i walk down my high street wearing one? 🤔 Having said that, could I walk down my high street wearing plus fours?!:laugh:

Top Bottom